The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Sausages

OK, the competition is now closed. Fifteen entries - wow!!! Thank you all so much for your contributions, the standard of which have been outstanding. To summarise, the entries are as follows:

Scotch Quail Eggs with Mustard Sauce (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Sausage Dip (@Cinisajoy)
Tapas: Spanish Fresh Sausage and Chunky Potatoes (@Francesca)
Savoury Plait (@Elawin)
Sausage and Corn Fritters (@The Late Night Gourmet)
One Pot Sausages with Leeks and Bacon (@Elawin)
Sausage, Potatoes and Roasted Green Chillies (@Yorky)
Marinated Sausages with Red Onion Sauce (@morning glory)
Homemade Asian Style Sausages (@morning glory)
Krautfeckerl with Sausages (@Elawin)
Chicken Tikka Masausage (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Noodles with Spicy Sausages (@morning glory)
Sausage Frittata (@Frizz1974)
Chicken Meatballs with Curry Sauce and Rice (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Vegan Black Bean Sausages (@morning glory)

Judging this is going to be tough, and I will go back through the recipes and post a decision later this afternoon.

OK, the competition is now closed. Fifteen entries - wow!!! Thank you all so much for your contributions, the standard of which have been outstanding. To summarise, the entries are as follows:

Scotch Quail Eggs with Mustard Sauce (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Sausage Dip (@Cinisajoy)
Tapas: Spanish Fresh Sausage and Chunky Potatoes (@Francesca)
Savoury Plait (@Elawin)
Sausage and Corn Fritters (@The Late Night Gourmet)
One Pot Sausages with Leeks and Bacon (@Elawin)
Sausage, Potatoes and Roasted Green Chillies (@Yorky)
Marinated Sausages with Red Onion Sauce (@morning glory)
Homemade Asian Style Sausages (@morning glory)
Krautfeckerl with Sausages (@Elawin)
Chicken Tikka Masausage (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Noodles with Spicy Sausages (@morning glory)
Sausage Frittata (@Frizz1974)
Chicken Meatballs with Curry Sauce and Rice (@The Late Night Gourmet)
Vegan Black Bean Sausages (@morning glory)

Judging this is going to be tough, and I will go back through the recipes and post a decision later this afternoon.

@epicuric

I am so surprised ! I just made the dish quickly for my husband or I would have served it in a new "earthenware" (cazuela) .. None the less, Thank you and have a lovely day ..

OK, tough decision made - the winner is Scotch Quail Eggs with Mustard Sauce from @The Late Night Gourmet. Not an easy dish to get right, and anything accompanied by a mustard sauce is a winner in my book! Runners up are Homemade Asian Style Sausages from @morning glory - great innovation, and the only entry that involved making a traditional (if not in flavour) sausage from scratch, and Savoury Plait from @Elawin - a seventies throwback recipe, and the nearest entry to a sausage roll.

Many thanks to everyone who participated, and over to @The Late Night Gourmet to set the next challenge!

Thank you, @epicuric. As with every competition, I was inspired by the ingredient, and by all the wonderful recipes that everybody else came up with.

I've been thinking for a long time about what ingredient I would choose if I were to win. So, without further delay, my ingredient is peppers. Any sort of pepper, ranging from a bell pepper to the violations of the Geneva Convention that @morning glory likes to use, is fair game. Peppercorns are also perfectly acceptable. Just make sure that the pepper is in some way featured in the dish. I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

Last edited:
Good choice @The Late Night Gourmet - I think we once had peppers as the ingredient but it was ages ago and was restricted to bell peppers. Peppers are so versatile as an ingredient and including peppercorns as well widens the scope considerably. :okay::D

I think we need a new thread?

[Sorry - I've seen it now. It wasn't on my radar].

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom