The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

Lemon and Thyme Roast Potatoes

20170607_120636.jpg

The best challenge ingredient you could have picked, @classic33 !Lemons are my favourite flavour and I wish the rest of my family agreed with me but most of them would prefer a chocolate or toffee version of something.
A few years ago at a staff Christmas meal out, the restaurant had run out of whatever desert I had pre-ordered and I was offered a fruit jelly. Well, it was lemon and bluebery and I was absolutely blown away. I had never had those 2 ingredients together before and it promted me to search cake recipes with them in together. It turnes out that there are hundreds and I picked one that appealed the most to me but I had to write it out into my notebook because I didnt have a printer at the time so I can't credit it.
The lemon drink is a family recipe.
The crumble was a happy experiment which I recorded in my notebook but it's too lemony for my husband, whereas nothing could be too lemony for me.

lemon and blueberry drizzle cake
Simple lemon drink
Apple and lemon nut crumble

Last edited:
The best challenge ingredient you could have picked, @classic33 !Lemons are my favourite flavour and I wish the rest of my family agreed with me but most of them would prefer a chocolate or toffee version of something.
A few years ago at a staff Christmas meal out, the restaurant had run out of whatever desert I had pre-ordered and I was offered a fruit jelly. Well, it was lemon and bluebery and I was absolutely blown away. I had never had those 2 ingredients together before and it promted me to search cake recipes with them in together. It turnes out that there are hundreds and I picked one that appealed the most to me but I had to write it out into my notebook because I didnt have a printer at the time so I can't credit it.
The lemon drink is a family recipe.
The crumble was a happy experiment which I recorded in my notebook but it's too lemony for my husband, whereas nothing could be too lemony for me.

lemon and blueberry drizzle cake
Simple lemon drink
Apple and lemon nut crumble
I decided to make some cake for a friend I was visiting in hospital. I didn't have any blueberries so I used frozen raspberries instead which turned out to be a most delicious variation.
IMG_20170610_093822193.jpg

IMG_20170610_123417387.jpg

Suprised there were no soups entered. I always thought of this as an idea ingredient. One that'd get your thinking caps on.

Having made a similar drink to @Kake Lover's and very nearly posting it, I'll vouch for it.
It leaves me drawn between three puddings, showing here as they appear on screen.
Apple and lemon nut crumble. from @Kake Lover
Shaker Lemon Pie from @SatNavSaysStraightOn
and
Syrup sponge in the microwave from @Elawin.

@The Late Night Gourmet night-gourmet, not seen Preserved Lemons in a long while, nice to see the old ways preserved.
@SatNavSaysStraightOn, but for the last of your slices going missing you could have had two in, however you'll have to make do with second place as the Apple and lemon nut crumble. from @Kake Lover, has pipped you.

@Kake Lover, over to you for the next ingredient.

Thank you! It seems as if everyone has particularly enjoyed the lemons.
I have a couple of ideas. I'll look at the list of previous ingredients and post back tomorrow.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn, but for the last of your slices going missing you could have had two in
My husband was rather liking them and took it to work. He has purchased (without me asking) more lemons so that it can be repeated with the revised recipe this week! I think that means he wants me to make it again!

@Kake Lover Congratulations! We are having an apple and sour cherry crumble for dessert this week. I preserved some of our sour cherries at Christmas so we have decided to use them this week and once that jar is open... Anyhow, give us a yell well you have decided on what the next ingredient is. In the mean time the banner is over to you!

Back
Top Bottom