The Crisp Game

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
3:23 AM
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG

A few years ago two friends and I started playing The Crisp Game. Not sure how it all started but basically we try and find the most outrageous/unusual/strange/obscure crisps and try and out do each other with our finds.

Probably very childish but we do have a giggle and have tried some pretty random crisps :D.

Today's offerings thanks to Lidl are attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've reached the point where there are only two types of crisp flavours I like at all: plain and Marmite. I always think the flavoured crisps taste so synthetic

76b57ee739b846b01b05755f51c3aef2.image.450x612.png

I am not clear whether or not we have to try the crisps i.e. eat them....not happening with me and this flavour! :yuck:

76b57ee739b846b01b05755f51c3aef2.image.450x612.png

I am not clear whether or not we have to try the crisps i.e. eat them....not happening with me and this flavour! :yuck:

Now that is one flavour I would try. I adore oysters and could eat them every day! Indeed, I've just come back from a mini-break in Ramsgate and I did eat them every day. Besides, I'm in Kent so I ought to...

I just looked up the ingredients: not a single oyster involved! So I won't be trying them after all. :mad:

Ingredients
Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Malt Vinegar Powder (Barley), Lactose (Milk), Salt, Yeast Extract Powder, Whole Milk Powder, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Spirit Vinegar Powder, Tartaric Acid, Sea Salt, Potassium Chloride

I just looked up the ingredients: not a single oyster involved! So I won't be trying them after all. :mad:

Ingredients
Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Malt Vinegar Powder (Barley), Lactose (Milk), Salt, Yeast Extract Powder, Whole Milk Powder, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Spirit Vinegar Powder, Tartaric Acid, Sea Salt, Potassium Chloride
I'm not surprised! It must be hard to stabilise/sanitise oysters so that they don't go off! On the plus side, it is vegetarian friendly.

I'm not surprised! It must be hard to stabilise/sanitise oysters so that they don't go off! On the plus side, it is vegetarian friendly.
So are almost all meat flavoured/prawn flavoured crisps. Oyster sauce is an example of how oysters can be stabilised and used in pre-prepared food. There are also oyster stouts which are made using oysters (although not all of them are).

The Haggis crisps are also vegetarian!

Yet again they are vegetarian - not an ox to be found!

Ingredients
  • Potatoes,
  • Sunflower Oil,
  • Roast Ox Flavour (Hydrolysed Soya Protein, Salt, Sugar, Fortified Wheat Flour (WheatFlour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Lactose (Milk), Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate; Autolysed Yeast Extract Powder, Yeast Powder, Onion Powder, Flavourings (Celery); Acidity Regulator: Sodium Diacetate; Spice Extracts, Garlic Powder, Colour: Paprika Extract))

Ingredients:
Potatoes, sunflower oil, Guinness Rich Beef Chilli Seasoning- sugar, yeast extract powder, salt, natural flavourings (from BARLEY – gluten free), onion powder, paprika flavour, barley malt extract powder (from BARLEY – gluten free), spices, tomato powder, herbs, citric acid, natural colour: paprika extract, chilli extract.

Yet again no meat to be seen!

Back
Top Bottom