The Crisp Game

1981 and Hedgehog flavoured crisps anyone?

hedgehog2.jpg

Now, I'm betting that unlike most British crisps, there might just be real meat in the US versions. Can you check the ingredients of the meatiest one on sale, @Cinisajoy? :happy:
Just looked and Ruffles Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Potato skins do have bacon fat as the last ingredient. They are called potato skins but they are just ridged chips (crisps).
Oh and the worst one I found was southern biscuits and gravy.

Last edited:
We have the following that seem weird to me

Red Rock Deli Chips Wagu Beef & Wasabi
1.jpg

Kettle Sour Cream & Chilli Chips & Kettle Chips Honey Soy Chicken are another two that seem weird to me, but then there is also Smiths Crinkle Cut Chips Heinz Tomato Ketchup!

2.jpg

Ingredients:
Potatoes, sunflower oil, Guinness Rich Beef Chilli Seasoning- sugar, yeast extract powder, salt, natural flavourings (from BARLEY – gluten free), onion powder, paprika flavour, barley malt extract powder (from BARLEY – gluten free), spices, tomato powder, herbs, citric acid, natural colour: paprika extract, chilli extract.

Yet again no meat to be seen!
Remember the beef Pot Noodle recall?

Is there any wagyu beef in them?
yep, there is. As well as wasabi. but why they have to contain so much milk is questionable.

Product details
Ingredients:
Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, Sugar, Dextrose, Onion Powder, Natural Flavours (Milk), Mustard Powder, Wagyu Beef Powder, Yeast Powder, Vinegar Powder, Food Acid (Citric Acid), Spices (Black Pepper, Ginger, Chilli), Yeast Extracts, Wasabi Powder, Cocoa Powder, Soy Sauce Powder, Horseradish Powder, Cream Powder (Milk), Herb (Parsley), Natural Colours (Paprika Extract, Turmeric).

Allergen:
Contains Milk

Contains:
Milk or Milk Products, Soybeans or Soybean Products

Well finding random pictures on the internet isn't quite the spirit of the game, but interesting things to try and hunt out.
Keogh's I've had some of theirs, so was aware of some of what they produced. I never kept the packets. Tayto did a Bacon and Cabbage flavoured one years ago.

Walkers had a competition not so long ago, which is why many of theirs on here have "Vote for me" on the packet.

Guinness, of the three posted, only one hasn't been eaten.

Marmite has appeared in lip gloss to face cream. Try the coffee if you can get hold of it still. Not just a bread spread.

Sea salt and lime anyone? Ok not exactly crisps but still an odd combination of flavours.

FB_IMG_1496600471704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom