The Digital Age and your kitchen?

Do you use a Smart Phone or Tablet in the Kitchen?

• All the Time

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Once per week

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Once per month

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Never! Don't want to radiate the food!!!

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
...going further than that I personally feel I'm living in the wrong time. I look at electric wall sockets, plugs and leads and think, 'this is all wrong'. In the future it will seem ugly, antiquated and plain odd! Sure, we have wireless networking now but no-one has quite solved the problem of battery life and that we need to charge devices quite frequently - using that socket in the wall!

I'd like my kitchen to be self-cleaning. Alexa. Clean the house & take out the trash! Lol

They're pushing Solar powering. So there's that.

I'll check that out. Have not heard of it. I was referring to solar powered roofs. Someday.

Oh. I see you meant Alexa. Lol

Last edited:
The ipad has recipes on it, the internet to find photos for comparison if i am heading in the right direction and youtube instructions, the camera, and siri just needs to be asked to set a timer...i rarely use the timer on the stove i just say, "siri set a timer for 23 minutes" and she says, "your timer has been set for 23 minutes"

What I'd really like is a wall mounted digital 'screen' in the kitchen which follows voice commands, is connected to the internet and also accurately records speech as text. In fact, I'd love a fully integrated digital kitchen where everything was controlled by voice command.

So if you are mad at someone, you could say "Burn the toast". :mad:

The ipad has recipes on it, the internet to find photos for comparison if i am heading in the right direction and youtube instructions, the camera, and siri just needs to be asked to set a timer...i rarely use the timer on the stove i just say, "siri set a timer for 23 minutes" and she says, "your timer has been set for 23 minutes"

Run away if it ever responds..."I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

It's a good thing you don't have a parrot. "Alexa! Polly wants a cracker."

That gets me to wondering. One day you leave for work. You come home and find on your doorstep 352 videos on bird mating rituals, 6000 pounds of organic, Non-GMO bird seed and a new 35 square foot bird cage complete with a jacuzzi bird bath. One-click Buying is a wonderful thing. :laugh:

That gets me to wondering. One day you leave for work. You come home and find on your doorstep 352 videos on bird mating rituals, 6000 pounds of organic, Non-GMO bird seed and a new 35 square foot bird cage complete with a jacuzzi bird bath. One-click Buying is a wonderful thing. :laugh:

And, a DVD of Hitchcock's "The Birds."

Back
Top Bottom