The Epiphany of The 3 Kings, Befana of Italy & The 3 Wise Men

Francesca

Local time
9:27 PM
My husband and I had flown to Venice, Italy on the 1st of January and shall be returning to Barcelona on the 8th.

In Spain, this is the day, in which we give gifts ( tiny presents) and share in the festivities of a wonderful lunch with dear ones ..

In France and Spain, there is a pastry called " El Roscon de Los Reyes " = The King´s Ring which is a circular bread dough interior with glazed fruits on top and the ring is filled with coins and small toys (similar to Cracker Jack size toys ) and on a more modern note, the ring is sliced in half and filled with whipped cream or chocolate whipped cream ..

In France, the round tarts are quite different and resemble a pie with a pastry Shell topping and a King´s Crown ..

In Italy: On this day, called Befana, an elderly woman who brings gifts and sweets to children in Italy .. The Befana Cake is representative of this day, January 6th and it looks like a cross between the Spanish King´s Ring, but has its nuances and The French King´s Crown ..

Last edited:
Epiphany day in Italy, aka Befana..and I've received sweets...like a child :happy:

IMG-20180106-WA0014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom