The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first year I have been successful in a beautiful purple lupin blooming undeterred/uneaten by snails....and in the same long container!

The container is in an ornate metal wheelbarrow (which, you might think - being off the ground - might be enough to deter the snails!) It's an oblong plastic container with a lip all around it. I know snails like to sleep under these kind of lips to containers. So, I had a brainwave. I made a strong salt solution paste and rubbed it into the lip area (all around the container). That did it! After years of dismay with seeing lupins eaten before fully blooming, I can't tell you what a delight and how proud I am to now have a successful bloom....finally...in my garden!

(which, you might think - being off the ground - might be enough to deter the snails!)
Nope - cunning little devils. Just caught one of the monsters at the top of our kitchen window - nearly seven feet up ! Apart from anything else I mean why do they do it ?

Nope - cunning little devils. Just caught one of the monsters at the top of our kitchen window - nearly seven feet up ! Apart from anything else I mean why do they do it ?
Not sure .... is there something growing near your kitchen window?

It is not the window they conquer, but themselves.

(Snails love Sir Edmund Hillary)

My wife uses "Smooto Tomato Aloe Snail Jelly Scrub" - for what? I dread to ask for fear of receiving a response.

SMT23-tomato-srcubb-01.jpg

That is really making my skin crawl! :sick: It has an image of a snail on the pack!

Well it would have. It includes snail jelly!

[I'm not sure if snail jelly is derived from the trail that the snails leave behind]

My wife used to think someone was doing something weird to our front steps overnight when she would go out in the morning and see these strange, glistening trails all over the treads.

I captured a banana slug one day on and nearby rhododendron and showed her what they and snails leave behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom