The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I peel equal weight of each & blend then freeze it packed flat in ziplock bags.

I bought a cookbook years ago called "India in 6" and the author recommended this method & now I can't live without it. Such a time saver & a fab booster if something is a bit flat.

Yes. I peel equal weight of each & blend then freeze it packed flat in ziplock bags.
I do the same with pure ginger as well. It makes life so much easier. I store it in 1 tbsp sized lumps. I have some containers picked up in Woolies I think that are 4 tbsp or 8 tbsp sized if you fill to full (in the snacks area). I just add 4tbsp and leave as is without smoothing down so it is easier to break up the lumps when it is frozen.

I do the same but freeze the garlic and ginger separately. Some of my concoctions do not require equal amounts.

When I do ginger on it's own I don't blend for as long. I like it a bit chunkier. I still freeze it flat, but it's more brittle to break up.

After a chilly start this morning, it is now a beautiful, if still cold start to the shortest day of the year.

IMG_9255.JPG

I'll add the other couple of photos to the photos thread....

Site appears to be running a bit slow at present. Awarded the "Addicted" trophy at 12:00 hours today.
Addicted.jpg

Last edited:
The temperature here has dropped quite a bit so hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight :tired:
It has - but in my front room it is still high 20's. And my bedroom is the same. Its impossible to open windows at night due to traffic noise - so I sleep with a fan a few inches away from my face. I still don't sleep well.

It has - but in my front room it is still high 20's. And my bedroom is the same. Its impossible to open windows at night due to traffic noise - so I sleep with a fan a few inches away from my face. I still don't sleep well.

We are quite a way from a road so nice and quiet, bedroom windows wide open but there hasn't been any breeze so the fan has been most welcome. Hopefully we won't need it.

On my way home this evening a young lad about 17/18 was walking towards me with his face buried in his phone completely oblivious to me so when he got close I went BOO! He nearly jumped out of his skin, he apologised but he could quite easily have walked out infront of a moving vehicle :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom