The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right time to try sleeping again. Seems it is going to be a bad night for me and my back.

On the plus side going outside to scare off something trying to dig under the house did mean I got to see 2 shooting stars in quick succession.
It also proved is going to be another cold night.
Can I wish for a good night's sleep and my back to continue to improve please? If not, perhaps just my husband to stop snoring?

Right time to try sleeping again. Seems it is going to be a bad night for me and my back.

On the plus side going outside to scare off something trying to dig under the house did mean I got to see 2 shooting stars in quick succession.
It also proved is going to be another cold night.
Can I wish for a good night's sleep and my back to continue to improve please? If not, perhaps just my husband to stop snoring?
Have you ever tried, or considered, inversion therapy for your back?

Just a thought: we should invite some French people to this site.

That way this thread will he about cats.

General Chat
funny-cat-snow-army-helmet-cigar.jpg

Had a crappy day today. The drains in the kitchen of the deli got plugged up and backed up all over the floors. Right before lunch. Grease trap contents on the floor. Needless to say, in an open concept restaurant the smell was too bad to open up. I called a plumber, who happens to be a customer and he basically told me that I could do it myself. So, I went to the hardware store and rented a drain auger and snaked out the pipes. I got it working but the big part was the clean up. Greasy, stinky sewage. Thank God it wasn't from the restrooms, is all I can say. By the time we got it all cleaned up it was well past lunch and I was a mess, so we called it a day. Came home and went for a nap...back at it tomorrow..

Last edited:
Had a crappy day today. The drains in the kitchen of the deli got plugged up and backed up today. Right before lunch. Grease trap contents on the floor. Needless to say, in an open concept restaurant the smell was too bad to open up. I called a plumber, who happens to be a customer and he basically told me that I could do it myself. So, I went to the hardware store and rented a drain auger and snaked out the pipes. I got it working but the big part was the clean up. Greasy, stinky sewage. Thank God it wasn't from the restrooms, is all I can say. By the time we got it all cleaned up it was well past lunch and I was a mess, so we called it a day. Came home and went for a nap...back at it tomorrow..

This sounds horrible.You poor thing! Hopefully you will be back on track at the restaurant soon.

This sounds horrible.You poor thing! Hopefully you will be back on track at the restaurant soon.
All fixed, I hope. We ran many loads from the dishwasher after and it drained with no problem. Friday is our busiest day of the week so it could have happened at a better time. But tomorrow is another day and we are ready to go...now, if I don't celebrate, or drown my sorrows too much tonight, I'll be ready for a busy day...lol

All fixed, I hope. We ran many loads from the dishwasher after and it drained with no problem. Friday is our busiest day of the week so it could have happened at a better time. But tomorrow is another day and we are ready to go...now, if I don't celebrate, or drown my sorrows too much tonight, I'll be ready for a busy day...lol

Celebrate.

Sorry about the restaurant mess, Roch. I hope things go much better tomorrow.

Right time to try sleeping again. Seems it is going to be a bad night for me and my back...If not, perhaps just my husband to stop snoring?
I understand "Pillow Therapy" is pretty effective on getting one's spouse to quiet down. :eek: No, don't smother him! Just whack him with the pillow so he'll roll over. :giggle:

I hope you get a good night's sleep soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom