The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 10" chef's knife delivered from Bangkok. It was completely loose in a cardboard box 4 times as wide and a little longer than the knife. When the postman brought it the point of the knife was sticking out of the box by about 10 mm. I took a picture and emailed it back to the supplier. The reply was "I cannot get good staff these days"!

A couple of weeks ago we ran out of laundry detergent and needed some before we went shopping again so I went into our local COOP store to get some. They were selling Persil at £8.00 a bottle! I picked up COOP own brand for £2.50 admittedly a smaller bottle. Parhaps if I was prepared to do the maths then maybe it would make financial sense to buy a big bottle, but I suppose it is the psychlogical thing of happy to pay £2.50 rather than £8.00 even though it may last longer.

My wife noticed that "Essence" laundry detergent in the supermarket was on offer, two for one (normally Bht 107.00 (US$ 3.00) each). She bought a few.

laundry detergent s.jpg

When we were kids my sister had dermatitis and various detergents caused issues whereas Persil didn't so that is what our mum used and I suppose it just became the norm to continue with it. I don't like detergents with a strong smell, some can be sickly sweet and cloying, I just want my clothes to be clean.

I use Sun Triple Clean Clean and Fresh. I get it at Big Lots once a year when they have their 20% off sale. It runs about $7 for a bottle that will last us 3 to 4 months at least.

That's because Ohioans are efficient. And smart. And cheerful. And pretty. :happy:

Can you tell that I was born in Ohio? :cake: Lived there nearly 50 years - until hubby's job was relocated. Now I'm trying to get back to Ohio before I get shipped back in a box. I wonder if I could go by Amazon Prime...
But they would try to put you in a box :eek::eek::eek:

I ordered a parcel two days ago [that's posted two days ago] - still waiting. Leeds to Durham, a steady two hour drive - couriers aint what they were :(

My parents posted a birthday card back a month before my husband's birthday. so we are talking around the beginning of February. Ok they posted it from Tenerife. It arrived yesterday, just in time for the last day of the tour de France! Luckily the card did indeed have a bike or two on it!

A few years ago my Jersey bank sent me one of those fancy card readers for internet Banking. It was sent DHL and they provided a tracking number. It left Saint Helier at 17:00 Friday evening and arrived Bangkok at 10:00 the following Monday. I am about 450 km from Bangkok and received it 9 days later. I was not amused.

I got a letter Saturday that was postmarked the 19th. The guy had written it on the 12th.
That led to a bit of a confusion at first when I didn't look at the date on the letter. The issue was completely resolved on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom