The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have spent the day in London, a mooch around Borough Market, squinted at The Shard, spent 2 and a half hours in the V&A museum looking at the Pink Floyd exhibition, Vietnames evening meal then to the theatre to see The Book Of Mormon. We are now relaxing with a glass of wine. A great day, sunny at long last. It was my husbands birthday and that is how he chose to spend his day.

I'm jealous!

@Francesca , I too have seen the news I hope you and yours are safe and well.

@Lullabelle,

Thank you very much ..

I am doing a Travel Tour and am in the Basque Country ( until the 20th ) heading towards southwestern France. As I had told Morning Glory, my husband is in Cadaquès where our families reside ( my twin married sons, my 2 grandsons, my parents, my maternal grandmother and my in laws & 2 daughter in laws ) .. He is on vacation and relaxing on the boat with my grand dads and my father in law and dad .. They are out fishing ..

I do not live far from the Bari Gotti and Las Ramblas.

Truly a horrorific catastrophe ..

I have been following as it is in all Iberian newspapers, T.V. news broadcasts and of course, Google as well ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Didn't know that :ohmy: But I've even seen the results of them gnawing on the old lead covered cable too :eek:. Living out here we see a fair few 'country rats' but I suspect they commute under my little workshop shed en route from one end of the village to the other [farms at both ends].
I had a couple of "tame" escapees from when I used to breed rats that lived in the garden. One lived under the aviary where my buzzard lived. We don't know where the other one lived but he spent a lot of his time in the girls' rabbits cage eating the rabbit food. They used to go out to feed the rabbits every day when they got home from school and always found the cage door open. It was a while before we twigged who was opening it!

@morning glory

Thank you for all your concerns. Yes, I am fine. I am in The Basque Country until the 20th .. 2nd trip but a different itinerary.

My husband is on vacation up in Cadaques with the our 2 twin sons, and the family (parents, in laws, daughter in laws & 2 grandsons). They do not live in Barcelona. They all live in Cadaques .. The Factory & Gallery are in the Gerona Autonomous Región or Province.

I followed the news reports which are continuous and google reports .. We live close to the Las Ramblas & Bari Gotti, but not in that zone ..

I feel terrible about the 2 children who are so gravely injured and the little three year old boy who died ..

The injured approx .. 80 ..But gravely 15 ..

It is truly catastrophic ..

Thanks again and have a lovely weekend ..

@Elawin

Thank you very much. Very kind of you.

Now, I see there are some problems in Capri / St. Tropez ..

I shall follow up after dinner as to the latest reports .. I know that the Spanish Prime Minister, Rajoy had travelled to Barcelona this morning ..

They are or were hunting the Moroccan man who rented the van and who ran over the sidewalks like a psycho killing children & adults in The Bari Gotti, Las Ramblas. He had escaped the Police and is in Gerona ( a village called Ripolli. ) and I had heard the news half way out the door this morning that they shot him .. ( Cockaroaches are best off dead. ) However, I did not have enough time to really listen to the news at 6am ..

@Francesca I've just seen on tv what happenend yesterday in Barcelona! OMG...I'm so sorry, so afraid and angry.

@MypinchofItaly

Thank you very much Dear ..

I am doing a tour of the Biarritz - Bayona, French Basque Country and my husband is on vacation and is with my Dad, his dad, twin sons and grandsons (2) and my Grand-fathers
on the boat .. My whole family lives in Cadaquès .. The gallery, the offices & warehouse are in Gerona, not Barcelona. Mom and mom in law and my daughter in laws are planning a ladies trip !

My husband and I live close to the scene of the terrorist attacks however, not in the Bari Gotti.

Thanks again for all your concern ..
Ciao Cara .. Bye Dear ..
Be home the 20th.

Catastrophic - no - a catastrophe accepts some form accident, some form of natural disaster - this is murder plain and simple. Recently an 8year old girl was buried [locally to us] all she did was to go to a pop concert in Manchester.

@sidevalve,

Definitely a tragic Barbarian act of murder in cold blood ..

The injured which outnumber the death toll, is shockingly catastrophic.

I use words, and you use your selection of vocabulary, differently ..

Have a nice weekend.

@Elawin

Thank you very much. Very kind of you.

Now, I see there are some problems in Capri / St. Tropez ..

I shall follow up after dinner as to the latest reports .. I know that the Spanish Prime Minister, Rajoy had travelled to Barcelona this morning ..

They are or were hunting the Moroccan man who rented the van and who ran over the sidewalks like a psycho killing children & adults in The Bari Gotti, Las Ramblas. He had escaped the Police and is in Gerona ( a village called Ripolli. ) and I had heard the news half way out the door this morning that they shot him .. ( Cockaroaches are best off dead. ) However, I did not have enough time to really listen to the news at 6am ..

:cry:

It is so sad, especially when people who live near you or their families may be involved. The worst was a few years back when the soldier was killed at Woolwich. Not only do some of my relatives still live very close to the barracks, but the sister of one of the killers lives just near me. That afternoon when I went shopping, all the road where she lives were cordoned off and there were police everywhere. She publicly disowned her brother and said she felt ashamed. You can't help feeling sorry for her and her family too, but not many people think of that. We had police in our road and all about a couple of days after the Westminster attack. The van used in that attack used to be parked a few yards from where I am sitting now. I used to see it every day when I took the dog for his early morning walk. Needless to say, that day it was not there. And friends of mine who live right by Borough Market had just walked through there and had only been home a few minutes when that attack happened. And those poor children in Manchester. My cousin had been there at the weekend for another concert. Nowhere seems to be that safe any more.

I like the way you casually mention that you kept a buzzard. :eek:
Had 2 at one time, and a red-tailed hawk, kestrels, harris hawk, European eagle owl, and several barn owls. Also had a freezer full of day old chicks, rats and mice :) That was well as the big indoor fish tanks, and the fish pond, and the four cats, and the four dogs, and the ferrets, and any other animals I've forgotten about over the years, all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom