The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the deli will be doing another wine tasting evening before Christmas so we may end up with a few more bottles, all depends on which country they do and what the wines are like.

A spider just calmly walked across the carpet, I wouldn't say it was big but I heard it walking :ohmy::yuck:

:hyper: I have bought 6 tins of spider killer from Amazon after my car incident. It claims to kill spiders (and other creepy crawlies) when sprayed onto surfaces. Today I sprayed every surface in my car that I could get to. The car is now sealed up for 24 hrs. Then I will repeat.

:hyper: I have bought 6 tins of spider killer from Amazon after my car incident. It claims to kill spiders (and other creepy crawlies) when sprayed onto surfaces. Today I sprayed every surface in my car that I could get to. The car is now sealed up for 24 hrs. Then I will repeat.

:highfive:

Strange thing is, we have 2 in the back garden that have set up elaborate webs, I stood looking at them in awe, but freak out at the big housey hellas :scratchhead:

:sun:here again today. This morning I planted some bulbs in the front garden then mowed the lawn, turns out I don't have quite as much energy as I thought, feeling tired, again stupid cold :mad: just wish it would clear off.

Anyway washing on the line, sun is shining so not bad for September :happy:

Hello - I'm back!

Well, I am finally out of hospital after 2 months. I have so many medical appointments I don't know if I am coming or going and to top it all off, I can't drive yet either! Great. Hopefully I will be able to get back to coming into the site more often, but I still can't stand long enough to even consider chopping up a vegetable, let alone cooking, so it is going to be a while yet before I am back in the kitchen again.

And my chooks are laying around a dozen eggs a day. Sometimes it is a baker's dozen and other times it is the exact opposite but it averages out at around a dozen a day. All the blue eggs are kept for friend who breeds. They are called Easter Eggers. The eggs those (unborn) chicks lay can be any colour from blue to olive green to white to brown. She sells then for $8 per chick. I get $4 a chick. Half a dozen eggs a day are made into an omelette (over cooked and cooled) and fed back to the chooks which they love. It still leaves me with an awful lot of eggs and roughly 7 or 8 more pullets that have yet to start laying! Oops. Good thing I like eggs.
:wave:

I think some of them have moved into my car, even though it was sealed tight. I nipped over to Tesco yesterday, and there were webs everywhere. It was like a trip on the ghost train.

Well, I'm back! The swelling has gone down considerably, and the pain is now a dull ache. I'm eating soft food at the moment, just to be on the safe side. I've also added a few cups of turmeric milk to the list as well as tea, coffee, and chocolate. Just been catching up on all I've missed.

Well, I'm back! The swelling has gone down considerably, and the pain is now a dull ache. I'm eating soft food at the moment, just to be on the safe side. I've also added a few cups of turmeric milk to the list as well as tea, coffee, and chocolate. Just been catching up on all I've missed.

Glad you are back. Tooth abscess is the worst thing. I speak from experience.Turmeric is healing...

Glad you are back. Tooth abscess is the worst thing. I speak from experience.Turmeric is healing...
This was nothing like an tooth abscess I've every had before. The trouble was that as the root is broken, it just digs in every time I try to bite on anything (and of course it has to be the side I normally eat on :mad:). Soft food rules at the moment - I'll be posting a few recipes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom