The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to force an update whether I use my laptop or this tablet with a standard WiFi connection. They are both Windows 10. My old phone has windows 8 and can manage updating perfectly using the same WiFi connection
TBH if windows had been put together properly in the first place we wouldn't need the constant updates

That is a shame. The co-op (in my area) is an excellent shop. They have very good wine. Also their fresh bread and sourdough pizzas are good.
Yes it is. One good thing about the Co-op is that the prices in their stores are the same, unlike some supermarkets that seem to charge more in their smaller stores. The strange thing about it was that they gave Tesco points on their petrol!

This evening we went out for a 3 course meal, 2 diet cokes each and finished with a cappucino all for less than £70.00! The food was excellent as was the service. We wanted to check the place out to see if it was worth going for a 'posh' evening out, it is :thumbsup:

This evening we went out for a 3 course meal, 2 diet cokes each and finished with a cappucino all for less than £70.00! The food was excellent as was the service. We wanted to check the place out to see if it was worth going for a 'posh' evening out, it is :thumbsup:

TBH if you didn't drink wine I find that a tad expensive. :ohmy: I expect to pay around that amount including wine - although I tend to eat 2 courses as I'm not a sweet fan.

TBH if you didn't drink wine I find that a tad expensive. :ohmy: I expect to pay around that amount including wine - although I tend to eat 2 courses as I'm not a sweet fan.
Same here - we paid just over £60 for an excellent meal including wine [nothing expensive but nice] including coffees and a bottle of water [nearly as much as the wine !!] I admit we didn't have any sweet but that was because there just wasn't room.

The last time I went to somewhere posh-ish the final bill came to £320 for 4. I say final because the total amount had my 10% NHS discount taken off, and one of the others threw in some club card vouchers! It was a 3 course meal and the wine was flowing rather freely as well. Of course we all drank different wines, and they weren't cheap. It was my birthday, so I didn't actually have to pay for any of it.

Earlier this week Micro Soft announced an issue with the Pentium chip. Major security melt downs. They will be issuing multiple software updates to by pass the hardware issue. Do not do any financial transactions - including purchases - on line until the fix is in.

Earlier this week Micro Soft announced an issue with the Pentium chip. Major security melt downs. They will be issuing multiple software updates to by pass the hardware issue. Do not do any financial transactions - including purchases - on line until the fix is in.
Possibly AMD, as well as Intel affected.

There is a new restaurant/bar in town which opened in November last. They advertised a Christmas dinner for £28.00 per head. Albeit some distance away two other restaurants were serving Christmas dinner for £13.00 and £18.00 per couple. I understand that all three included a glass of house wine or a small beer.

The latter two establishments sold out whereas the former had to cancel due to lack of interest.

Same here - we paid just over £60 for an excellent meal including wine [nothing expensive but nice] including coffees and a bottle of water [nearly as much as the wine !!] I admit we didn't have any sweet but that was because there just wasn't room.

I suppose it depends on the restaurant, location and what you actually have. We rarely have a 3 course meal but the price for last night was good compared to other places we have been to.

I may have to cut down somewhat on exotic foods.

My pension provider is Carillion.

I may have to cut down somewhat on exotic foods.

My pension provider is Carillion.
It is being said that pensions employees and creditors will get paid - as to how true this will be I can't say - coming from a government that cheerfully ups the pension age without any consultation [and that is NOT a party thing as both sides of the house seem to be happy to punish the pensioners] I have doubts - but I wish you good luck anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom