The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indigogo has some pretty niche products, but this is just cool:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ovis-1st-ai-powered-suitcase-following-by-side?

The suitcase uses collision detectors and motion sensors to follow you while not colliding with other people. It's expensive ($400, reduced from nearly $900), but this is one of the first things I want to buy if I ever win a lottery (which, I realize, means I have to actually play a lottery, but I can dream, can't I?)

giphy.gif

Indigogo has some pretty niche products, but this is just cool:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ovis-1st-ai-powered-suitcase-following-by-side?

The suitcase uses collision detectors and motion sensors to follow you while not colliding with other people. It's expensive ($400, reduced from nearly $900), but this is one of the first things I want to buy if I ever win a lottery (which, I realize, means I have to actually play a lottery, but I can dream, can't I?)

giphy.gif

I'd like to hook my dog up to do what the suitcase does. Its brilliant!

Cheese club again this evening, the orange cheese is smoked which my husband likes, I dont. The white cheese at the back is actually a mild blue, we bought some of that as well as the smoked stuff.

IMG_20180717_230422_001.jpg

Doing Our Bit.

Our local "up-market" supermarket has recently started giving "double saver points" if you take your own bag to carry your provisions rather than use their plastic bags. That is not a problem but we subsequently use the bags for rubbish to transfer from the kitchen to the small bin outside and then to the large bin by the gate which is emptied weekly.

So what do we do now?

My wife found these in our local Tesco-Lotus - Bht 29.00 (66p) for 50 pieces.

scented bin bags s.jpg

No idea about the "OXO".

I hope they smell better than the scented dog waste bags my partner bought. The smell literally turns my stomach - and if you put one in your pocket when walking the dog your clothes then smell of it until you next wash them. I've now banned them from the house.

Speaking of dog waste bags, ours have the recycling symbol on them. I have been contemplating whether or not they get recycled after use.:scratchhead:

Speaking of dog waste bags, ours have the recycling symbol on them. I have been contemplating whether or not they get recycled after use.:scratchhead:

I cannot imagine how you can recycle a plastic bag which is full of rubbish. The ones that my wife bought are (supposedly) biodegradable so I would assume that they disappear in time.

We had a hedgehog in our back garden this morning :love:

Some years ago, I damaged tendons in my foot all thanks to a hedgehog. Coming home one night, I came in through the front gate and, just in time, spotted a hedgehog on the path. I managed to avoid treading on it but put all my weight down on the outside of my right foot. The result was painful and needed about three weeks of anti-inflammatory drugs to clear up.

Magnanimously, I have never held this against hedgehogs. Several pints of Morrell's bitter may have been a contributing factor.

The Open Golf Championship starts tomorrow at Carnoustie, which is about 55 miles north of where I live and roughly half way between Dundee and Arbroath. This means lots of extra trains going past our house, filled with people wearing clothing that should never have been made.

To be fair lots of toilet rolls say made from re-cycled paper on them - always wondered if that means after use as ???

Aaarrrggghhhh! My operation has been delayed, I wanted this done and dusted. Only been delayed a day but moved to the afternoon so an overnight stay now. Just maybe I might be able to get back to normal eating by Sunday!

But after writing a letter of complaint had fantastic news on my kidney.

Aaarrrggghhhh! My operation has been delayed, I wanted this done and dusted. Only been delayed a day but moved to the afternoon so an overnight stay now. Just maybe I might be able to get back to normal eating by Sunday!

But after writing a letter of complaint had fantastic news on my kidney.

Did you mention your operation before? If so I somehow missed it. What is it for (if you don't mind my asking?).

Did you mention your operation before? If so I somehow missed it. What is it for (if you don't mind my asking?).

Sorry, I thought I had, perhaps I mentioned it elsewhere, and no don't mind at all.

I've been having random stomach pains usually at inconvenient o' clock for a year or so and was putting it down to indigestion. They would start at about 1 am and last till about 5 or 6 am.
They gradually got worse until I went to the quack and following a scan they diagnosed a gallbladder packed with gallstones. For some unknown reason the pains went away but returned with a vengeance in early May culminating with the most agonising pain I've ever experienced on the 19th. I was rushed to hospital with acute pancreatitis caused by a gallstone blocking the common bile duct. I turned a rather fetching shade of yellow all over.

I have to have my gallbladder removed to stop stones going walkabout in future as repeated pancreatitis attacks could be fatal, I'm having the gallbladder removed on Friday. From May until then I've had to be on a low fat diet, no more than 20mg of fat a day and no more than 10mg in any one meal.

Rather alarmingly when they were carrying out scans for the pancreatitis they picked up a possible cancerous mass on my left kidney. after a letter of complaint from myself I've had some good news, the urologist has told me today that although the lump is a tumour he is 99% sure that it is benign and only sitting on the surface of the kidney. Once I have recovered from the surgery they will do a biopsy and probably remove the lump when they are 100% sure.

The really odd thing is that I am one of those people that never gets ill and to suddenly get this happening has knocked me back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom