The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not being discharged from hospital today after all.
In not ready for a discharge, so with this hospital (in Melbourne) insisting on it, we asked for me to be transferred to Canberra rehab instead especially given in only 4 weeks post op today, our home is not set-up for a wheelchair, I wasn't using one beforehand at home (only socially) and I can't even guarantee I can get into the kitchen or sitting room in the wheelchair and certainly can't get to the toilet or into the bathroom (separate rooms). Canberra will take me, it's just a case of when because they were moving hospitals this week (the rehab unit that is)... And if I transfer between hospitals it has to be done as an inpatient, so here I stay until they are ready for me, then it's an ambulance transfer to Canberra some +650km away.

Yikes! Any idea when you're fully recovered, or at least as fully recovered as possible? Sorry, as a newbie I'm not up to speed with you other peeps.

Wysh me luck, in a couple of hours I head up to the PEH for my op. Should be only an overnight stay and back home tomorrow. Planning on cooking a packet mix lasagne but baking some nice chocolate brownies, it all depends how much I hurt!

Good luck @Wyshiepoo - these things never hurt too much to start with. Then the morphine wears off! Seriously though, I hope it all goes well. :okay:

Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg, DBE is 80 years old today. She was born in Doncaster, Yorkshire.

Diana Rigg.jpg

The recycle man came by today. My wife asked him if he knew of anyone who could trim the branches off next door's trees. He drove off and arrived back 60 minutes later with his whole family! Three generations.

oowie oowie oww. I'm no slim Jim but I'm not normally this flabby. They had to blow up my abdomen with gas and it has temporarily (I hope) stretched the skin. Also a bit sore and swollen after the op.
WP_20180721_09_29_17_Pro (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom