The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, you really just have to sit back and wonder. I couldn't log on to my BT account, so I used their web chat facility and explained the problem I had. The following exchange took place:

BT person: Can you give me your account number?
Me: I don't have it because I can't get into my account.
BT: Okay, no problem, just log into your account and the number will be on the screen.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggh!

I've recently been annoyed by flies attempting to lay eggs in the ear/head phone sockets of my handphone and my laptop. I resorted to rolled up bits of paper but yesterday a mate made these for me on his 3D printer. Neat, yes?

fly stoppers 3.jpg

Took my old Honda to a local bike show [run by the local police] today - all went fine until the trip home - some idiot forgot to check how much fuel was in the tank :oops:. Had to call wife to bring out a can. Still an hour in leathers in full sun :heat: will definitely be a good reminder - bless her she brought some water too :drink: I'm not sure which I was most glad to see - water or fuel !

I spent the last two days digging out various cuttings of plants and whole bushes from my wife's friend's house, then attempting to replant them on my property.

I got 3 Fountain Grasses, 2 Rhododendrons, and a dwarf variegated Pampass grass.

Digging them out was easy, but you can't put a shovel in the ground on my yard more than a scant few inches before hitting a rock. And I mean big rocks. Basketball sized, and up to giant boulders just below the surface.

But, it's supposed to rain all week, so my timing was good, albeit a little late in the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom