The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats very unusual for a street vendor, I'd think.

"City centre street vendor Geoff Mesney, who has been selling hot dogs and burgers in Northgate Street-Town Hall Square area for 34 years" - Chester Chronicle 2015.

Well, I'm back at long last. My laptop has been backwards and forwards more times than I've had hot dinners, and finally seems to be working. However, there isn't much of the old laptop left. Lots of bits have been replaced including the hard drive, and I'm spending a lot of my time trying to re-install everything. I'll probably be popping in and out rather than being on here as much as I was during the next week or so. I seem to have a lot of catching up to do too.

Well, I'm back at long last. My laptop has been backwards and forwards more times than I've had hot dinners, and finally seems to be working. However, there isn't much of the old laptop left. Lots of bits have been replaced including the hard drive, and I'm spending a lot of my time trying to re-install everything. I'll probably be popping in and out rather than being on here as much as I was during the next week or so. I seem to have a lot of catching up to do too.

:welcome: back

We missed you!

ai
We missed you!
I going through the "New Posts" section at the moment, but what is taking the time is getting my laptop back to how I want it. I only got it back last Thursday evening; except for Windows 10 being installed, it was completely blank, and the version of Windows 10 is quite different from what I had, presumably because it was a new installation of the latest version.

Did I see an S, then an N, then a coupla more Ss, and an O on another thrread?

Who left the back door open?

Very, very heavy downpour this afternoon and the temperature dropped to below 30 degC. It looks like worse to come as Barijat and Mangkhut typhoons are both about to threaten China which means we will probably get the backlash.

I woke up early this morning and my brain immediately started racing at 100 miles an hour 'ok, you have just 5 hours at work today and this is what you need to do' . Rather annoyed as it would have been nice to have a bit more shut eye.

Very, very heavy downpour this afternoon and the temperature dropped to below 30 degC. It looks like worse to come as Barijat and Mangkhut typhoons are both about to threaten China which means we will probably get the backlash.

"All parts of the country [Thailand] have been warned to brace for rain and flooding caused by Typhoon Mangkhut from Sunday until Wednesday. The Central Plains, the East and the western coast of the South were warned to be ready for torrential rain from tomorrow until Tuesday when the typhoon is predicted to hit the upper part of Vietnam and the lower part China, the Meteorological Department said on Friday."

"All parts of the country [Thailand] have been warned to brace for rain and flooding caused by Typhoon Mangkhut from Sunday until Wednesday. The Central Plains, the East and the western coast of the South were warned to be ready for torrential rain from tomorrow until Tuesday when the typhoon is predicted to hit the upper part of Vietnam and the lower part China, the Meteorological Department said on Friday."

Saw a bit on the news, stay safe :hug:

I was reading some "clever kitchen tips" today.

This was one of them:

"If you have the rest of bottle of wine that you know you’re not going to drink within a few days, you can still salvage it. Pour the wine out into an ice cube tray. Use the cubes in a cooking recipe, wine spritzer, or pitcher of sangria."

Which planet are these folks on?

wine cubes.jpg

I was reading some "clever kitchen tips" today.

This was one of them:

"If you have the rest of bottle of wine that you know you’re not going to drink within a few days, you can still salvage it. Pour the wine out into an ice cube tray. Use the cubes in a cooking recipe, wine spritzer, or pitcher of sangria."

Which planet are these folks on?

View attachment 19252

:meh: sorry what, wine you are not going to drink within a few days :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom