The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trod on a small stone earlier, my heel is now very sore :blackeye:

Typical, not only do I have a sore heel but on my way in this morning I found an uneven part of the pavement so I now have a throbbing ankle as well... stop the planet I want to get off :cry:

Many moons ago I injured my ankle, severe sprain of the lateral ligament, was on crutches, strong pain killers and anti-inflammatories for months, then had to have physio etc.. typical that this is the ankle that I twisted this morning. So far I have had 4 pain killers, walking as little as possible and I am going to get a lift home because I really do not feel up to the walk home. I can feel it swelling up :blackeye:

Big ouchy!!
Take it easy and hope it settles quickly!

In the UK, more than 7,000 people still watch TV in black and white more than half a century after colour broadcasts began.

London has the most TV licences for black and white sets at 1,768, followed by 431 in the West Midlands and 390 in Greater Manchester.

A total of 7,161 UK households have failed to start watching in colour despite transmissions starting in 1967.

BBC2 was the first channel to regularly broadcast in colour from July that year with the Wimbledon tennis tournament.

The number of black and white licences has almost halved in the past five years and is down from 212,000 in 2000.

The figures were released by TV Licensing in what appears to be a reminder that anyone watching television must by law have a TV licence.

andy pandy.jpg

Apparently, the UK television licence currently costs £150.59 p.a. However, if you're blind you can apply for a 50% discount and if your television is black and white you may get a further 70% discount.

Last edited:
We had a new lad start work with us today. The agency text him the address which is at the back, he decided to come to the front and then had to wait outside for over half an hour because we don't open up until 8am, not a good start :facepalm:

We used to take a 4 1/2 inch black n white tv on our camping holidays. It ran off the car battery. This was only 30 odd years ago. We used to watch it at night for an hour or so. I remember as a kid we only had b and w tv but my nana came to visit one day with a present. A screen that fits over b and w tv . It had a coloured tint of blue at the top and green at bottom. Ok if the programme is in the country,lol.

Russ

We used to take a 4 1/2 inch black n white tv on our camping holidays. It ran off the car battery.

When my son and I went to the formula 1 races we took a b & w TV. 14" I think. When the racing was over on the Sunday, we returned to the caravan to eat and watch the F1 race highlights on the TV.

After working 250 hours in the last 19 days, I decided to take a night off.

Ahh, it's so nice just to sit home, relax, and eat home cooked food.

We're going shooting tomorrow, then out to dinner, and I have another night off.

I almost feel human.

My inlaws are visiting from Manchester in the UK. It started with them arriving in the rain. We've had a week of overcast or rainy weather with today being the only decent day. It started at 2C going to a fabulous 20C. It's now dark and back down to 5C. They leave tomorrow for a week in Brisbane. The weather improves and is sunny for the entire week with the minimum daytime temp being 25C. The very day they are due to return the weather is down as thunderstorms and a very high chance of a lot of rain.
I bet the week they are with us is going to be wet again ... So far we have been unable to show them the fabulous night sky we get here... Despite no moon , is been cloudy at early night every night .but dawn had been amazing .they've been curled up in bed missing it all .by the time they get up, it's raining and cold .they can get that weather at home !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom