The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid 70's f with very high humidity. My hands are twitching and itching to plant seeds. I must resist and wait a couple of weeks.

Do you not have a warm part in your house, here we have hot water cylinders inside a cupboard. I start my seeds off early in there. Bring them out during the day. I get a 2 to 3 week jump on most others round here.

Russ

There was a birthday at work today so I had an apple pie, we also had visitors who didn't eat all the lunch we provided so we finished that of as well, I only had cake, crisps, quiche and grapes :whistling:

Another birthday tomorrow :hyper:

I could start seeds indoors. I prefer to time my planting for mid to late March
Our winters are usually very mild but there is always a possibility of a freak late frost.
I have an assortment of heirloom tomato seeds, cucumbers, summer squash and cantaloupe. All grown vertically .
Assorted peppers and eggplant .
In late May or early June I fill in with green beans.
I think I will plant spinach now in the space the beans will occupy later.
I still have perennial herbs growing in pots. Rosemary, sage, thyme and scallions .
I will start dull, basil and parsley. I also need at least one more sage.
I practice square foot gardening. Sweet George built 4 4'x4' table height boxes with frames for vertical growing . An. amazing amount of produce can be grown in a small space
Having fresh garden herbs and vegetables is a cook's delight .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom