The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight we set the clocks ahead one hour and "Spring" forward. Not looking forward to Summer triple digit heat to come in a few months.

We often use them that way and as fries as well but I fancied a change and was very short of time (I hadn't even got a far as turning the engine off when the coach arrived at the bus stop last night), so while sweet potatoes it was . I can still smell them now at 4:45am in the morning !
I've just decided that the worst smell in the world to have your house filed with when you're on a diet and trying hard to go to bed is baked sweet potatoes. They're innocent I hear you cry . Trust me they are not. They were not cooked in time for tea so had to be swapped out with something else, chips was the only thing to hand that made sense. So they were left in the oven to continue cooking which they did and are now at that soft oozing stage where they will taste divine and smell heavenly and the oven door isn't even open . It's murder I tell you, murder!

For me, it's the smell of bread baking.

I empathize with you guys re hospitals etc. Wound up in the ICU. Feel like I cheated death. Says a lot considering the hospital got a generous 3 rating out of 5. The hospital one city over got a 2 rating out of 5. It helps put life in perspective though.

Last edited:
Wound up in the ICU.
Couple of years ago I wasn't very well. Neither was hubby. We went to a Dr appointment, one each, same doctor and within 30 minutes I was on my way to hospital on life support in a blue light job... Hubby just managed to stay home because our Dr knew we had animals at home to look after but insisted she saw him every shift she was on ,plus he saw another Dr on the day she wasn't around so he was seen 3 times a week. I have no memory of the trip in the ambulance on a pressurised oxygen mask, even less of the hospital , going onto life support, being air lifted to the closest hospital with an ICU that had life support and ventilator available, nor anything of arriving or the following 24 hrs. I came round on life support in isolation in ICU in an unknown hospital to be asked if I knew where I was, what day it was, what date it was ,month , year. I got one of those questions correct! It had been towards the end of the month so I didn't know how much time had passed. Where I was I got wrong because I wrote down hospital ,they were looking for a little more than that !

I spent 6 days on life support, 12 days in ICU and 2 months in hospital in total. As soon as my doctor found out what was wrong with me , she changed my husband's antibiotics without testing him . No point in wasting money. I had double pneumonia. He had pneumonia. We had been fine on the Sunday. A little off colour on the Monday , by Tuesday evening I was feeling too sick to pick my husband up from the airport. Wednesday he made the appt to see our doctor the following day . By then we were already both too ill to know how ill we were. Thursday afternoon I was in ICU on life support fighting for my life. It was Friday night before I regained consciousness. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that I would not have survived Thursday night at home . I'm one of the very few patients the medical centre has ever called an ambulance for and the only one that was a blue light job .
I thought I just had a chest infection.
Feel like I cheated death
I don't know where I heard it, but my name was on the list that night. It wasn't at the top of the page, it was just on that page and I guess it must have been a difficult night to collect because they missed me (just).

OMG. Scary for sure. I also had pneumonia. Sciatica, and irregular heartbeat the next er visit. I think they gave me morphine. They asked me if I wanted them to shock my heart. I declined. I take meds now. No fun. I'm about due for another flu shot. Should probably get a pneumonia shot as well.

Last edited:
OMG. Scary for sure. I also had pneumonia. Sciatica, and irregular heartbeat the next er visit. I think they gave me morphine. They asked me if I wanted them to shock my heart. I declined. I take meds now. No fun. I'm about due for another flu shot. Should probably get a pneumonia shot as well.
Yep . Both of us have since had the extended pneumonia vaccine ensuring it covers the strains that wild birds can bring into our garden but the risk is much reduced now because we no longer have the same issues with the crimson rosellas which is then coming into the chicken coop and then getting stuck in the inner enclosure this meaning we needed to catch them by hand and carry them out , though ironically this isn't the most likely place we were infected. Flu is also due soon.

I'm a severe asthmatic with adrenal insufficiency. I don't produce cortisol (if you don't know what it does, search on it. I've a bad back and recently had major surgery to save my life after my neck vertebrae collapsed compressing my spinal cord in multiple places . I live on morphine to control my lower back pain sadly . Sciatica both sides, paralysis and plenty of other complications all go hand in hand with the lower back and neck issues . I've just been cleared of the multiple PEs that were found after my op .

I have to say I'm very grateful I don't have heart problems. That has to be scary .

First month of autumn here, 6 months away from Spring.

Russ
autumn is clearly here. Getting much colder nights now. 5.8C during the week and where we are going on holiday is getting 0C several times this week.

Yep . Both of us have since had the extended pneumonia vaccine ensuring it covers the strains that wild birds can bring into our garden but the risk is much reduced now because we no longer have the same issues with the crimson rosellas which is then coming into the chicken coop and then getting stuck in the inner enclosure this meaning we needed to catch them by hand and carry them out , though ironically this isn't the most likely place we were infected. Flu is also due soon.

I'm a severe asthmatic with adrenal insufficiency. I don't produce cortisol (if you don't know what it does, search on it. I've a bad back and recently had major surgery to save my life after my neck vertebrae collapsed compressing my spinal cord in multiple places . I live on morphine to control my lower back pain sadly . Sciatica both sides, paralysis and plenty of other complications all go hand in hand with the lower back and neck issues . I've just been cleared of the multiple PEs that were found after my op .

I have to say I'm very grateful I don't have heart problems. That has to be scary .

autumn is clearly here. Getting much colder nights now. 5.8C during the week and where we are going on holiday is getting 0C several times this week.

Life is full of surprises. I rarely get sick. Who knew. Take care.

I thought we voted Daylight Savings time away.
Oh Well, I get to go to Starbux early and wife gets off work an hour early and paid for it.
Some sketchy people in the Starbucks parking lot so the employees stay in their cars until a customer they recognize pulls up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom