The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People steal some odd things, a mate I knew about 30 years ago lived in a new house in a new subdivision. He planted his garden out and was really proud of his cabbages. His house didn't have fences up at the time so you could walk past it and see what he was growing. Time came to cut a cabbage for the dinner table. Someone had beaten him to it, just leaves left. He was gutted, I laughed like hell at the time. I mean, who steals cabbage hearts.??

Russ

One of the supermarkets we used to use back in the UK actually had an area set aside where they grew One of the supermarkets we used to use back in the UK actually had an area set aside where they grew herbs for people to help themselves to .it wasn't out of the way, it was between the two front doors. Strangely very few people ever held themselves to them despite a huge sign telling people they could cut enough for personal use in a recipe or words to that effect! for

I'm currently sitting in a cafe waiting to see if my vehicle passes the equivalent of its MOT, so I can then get its compulsory third party insurance and then get it a set of registration plates and get the vehicle back on the road... I'm bored

We have a wof here, warrant of fitness. Every 12,months you need it, like ozzy, for insurance.

Russ

We have a wof here, warrant of fitness. Every 12,months you need it, like ozzy, for insurance.

We have a similar "inspection" here. Lights, bodywork, tyres, brakes, steering, emissions, etc. All vehicles over 7 years old and motor bikes upon 5 years old. It's fascinating what gets through.

mazda titan.jpg

We have a similar "inspection" here. Lights, bodywork, tyres, brakes, steering, emissions, etc. All vehicles over 7 years old and motor bikes upon 5 years old. It's fascinating what gets through.

View attachment 23510

Lol, you'd never get me driving in Asia. Hell I was in a van as a passenger going on a tour in Bali, until a motor bike ploughed into us. Then it turned crazy.

Russ

Lol, you'd never get me driving in Asia. Hell I was in a van as a passenger going on a tour in Bali, until a motor bike ploughed into us. Then it turned crazy.

Russ
Here in rural Arizona, we have no requirement for repeated inspection of any kind, only repeated annual tax to obtain registration. Liability insurance IS required. In the very populous areas, Phoenix and Tucson, the State of Arizona was successfully sued by the indigent unable to buy insurance, thus driving to a place of employment illegally, or unable to get to work. The solution? Locally subsidized payment of auto insurance for the indigent! Amazin!

And disgusting, IMO.

Russ
It didn't get it because the safety certificate for the lpg system has expired as well .one thing after another .curiously you are allowed to drive it to and from the inspection place without any insurance or rego ( so now registration plates in vehicle) but you can only use the closest garage that does the assessment. Now had we have been able to drive it to our preferred garage, everything could have been done at one...
So she is still uninsured , has no rego and can't be driven legally except to the closest garage.. .

Do you not fancy driving this pick-up?

pick-up overload s.jpg

Spotted this one yesterday through the windscreen, but it is not unusual.

Do you not fancy driving this pick-up?

View attachment 23535

Spotted this one yesterday through the windscreen, but it is not unusual.

They tell me India is the worst, I havnt been there yet. But my b.i.l was there 20 years ago helping the Hare Krishnas. He got Delhi belly just before flying to Perth. Nearly died in Perth with time in a coma.
You been to India Yorky ?

Russ

You been to India Yorky ?

Yes. Delhi and Bombay (as it was then). Back in the early 90s. I also had some ablution problems although the majority of the food was bloody wonderful.

If any of you ever decide to visit South Louisiana (Lafayette) April is the best time to visit. The humidity is relatively low . The temperature can get into the 80's but not unpleasant with the wind and low humidity
Much going on . Multiple festivals every weekend in surrounding communities
Every thing is in bloom
The Azalea are stunning. Blooming trees and shrubs abound
Festival international at the end of the month
Musicians, dancers,.artisans from French speaking countries worldwide gather to celebrate the French heritage
of south Louisiana
Not as big or gaudy as Mardi Gras
More family oriented
Anyway, if any of you decide to visit let me know
I am very proud of my home and love showing it off

If any of you ever decide to visit South Louisiana (Lafayette) April is the best time to visit. The humidity is relatively low . The temperature can get into the 80's but not unpleasant with the wind and low humidity
Much going on . Multiple festivals every weekend in surrounding communities
Every thing is in bloom
The Azalea are stunning. Blooming trees and shrubs abound
Festival international at the end of the month
Musicians, dancers,.artisans from French speaking countries worldwide gather to celebrate the French heritage
of south Louisiana
Not as big or gaudy as Mardi Gras
More family oriented
Anyway, if any of you decide to visit let me know
I am very proud of my home and love showing it off

I might just take you up one day??

Russ

The north east Thailand Big Mac with a sting in the tail!

Nen Phimsing, 42, from the Jorm Phra district of Surin revealed an interesting dish like a burger that has been handed down in her family for generations. She chops up the scorpions then mixes them with egg, dried chili and basil and gives the resulting mixture a turn on the barbie.

scorpion burger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom