The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm retired if you didn't know it but still work to keep busy and meeting people. I've been helping a friend driving lately, I got asked if I was busy on Monday and Tuesday. I'm free mr Humphris lol?
So I get flown up to Wellington on Monday morning and pick a truck up, put it through a certificate of fitness then catch the ferry at 8.30 Monday night for a 3 hr trip to Picton. Overnight there then a day trip back to Christchurch. Should be back by Tuesday 4 to 5 ish. Cruisy few days, think I'm going to enjoy it.

Russ

The north east Thailand Big Mac with a sting in the tail!

Nen Phimsing, 42, from the Jorm Phra district of Surin revealed an interesting dish like a burger that has been handed down in her family for generations. She chops up the scorpions then mixes them with egg, dried chili and basil and gives the resulting mixture a turn on the barbie.

View attachment 23603

:ohmy: :eek: :headshake:

Cheese club was good this evening, I liked all of them but only bought blue to go in a soup with the wild garlic growing in the garden and the goat to cut into small chunks, wrapped in proscuttio ham and dry fried to crisp off the ham and melt the cheese

20190416_195217.jpg

Left to right: Manchego, ewes, Sussex Blue, pasteurised cow, Tomme De Chevre, unpasteurised goat, Old Winchester, pasteurised cow.

Crazy 2 days just done, I had to fly to Wellington Monday and pick up a truck and take it across on the ferry to Picton. 19 hr day, I'm not used to those hours. Included 4 hrs on the ferry. Got to my motel at 1.15 am the next day. Then a 7 hr drive home. Lots of delays with earthquake repairs around kaikoura. All back safe and sound.

Russ

39 degC at present (16:30). Luckily the humidity is down to 40%.

Easter weekend here, 10 yo granddaughter here for the week. She wants nachos for tea tonight. Pic later. Friends we've known for 35 years coming for dinner sat night. It will be a boozy night,lol.

Russ

We've got 30C forecast for the bank holiday weekend. Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck...
Foggy starts followed by :sun:. I've got some gardening to do and some tinkering to do on my landcruiser so I'll be :heat: before lunchtime even . I'm going to have to find my summertime clothes again .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom