The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the local weather station it is currently 40 degC here and 52% rh. They say that it "feels like" 56 degC but having never experienced 56 degC (even in the desert) I wouldn't know.

I do know that it's bloody hot!

According to the local weather station it is currently 40 degC here and 52% rh. They say that it "feels like" 56 degC but having never experienced 56 degC (even in the desert) I wouldn't know.

I do know that it's bloody hot!

I wouldn't survive that heat. I'm too hot now and its a mere 24 degC.

I wouldn't survive that heat. I'm too hot now and its a mere 24 degC.

They've actually now amended the "feels like" to 40 degC. The temperature has now dropped to 33 degC (although it is 9 pm). It may drop to 28degC over night.

Can't even get a cold shower! The ambient temperature of the water is 25 degC!

Queen Elizabeth II is 93 years old today.

Elizabeth II.jpg

@Yorky
I am fairly ignorant about the royal title inheritance
When QEII dies will Charles inherit the crown or will he be skipped over in favour of William?

@Yorky
I am fairly ignorant about the royal title inheritance
When QEII dies will Charles inherit the crown or will he be skipped over in favour of William?
It will be Charles, he is in no mood to abdicate his responsibility.

Britain is ready for the Monarchy to modernise itself in the way that some European monarchies have done recently. William has worked as a helicopter ambulance pilot after serving in the military, Harry headed many important charities as well as leading disabled rights. They are what we want modern monarchs to be. For those who think only elected Presidents should lead a country; I offer you Trump and a populist comedian in Ukraine, plus many others who are more cncerned with their legacy than with political stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom