The Magical Breakfast Club

Rainymuffins

Local time
3:55 PM
IMG_2505.jpg

Every Saturday morning is a treat at my house because my best friend and I spend hours in the kitchen making breakfast. It's a ritual for us, and we take our time preparing it so that each bite is special, and that conversation is blessed by the delicious flavors. We light a candle, snuggle in something warm, and savor every bite and sip while discussing life, stories, people, feelings, pain, joy, and everything in between. We laugh over our steaming mugs of coffee, pause frequently to appreciate the forkfuls of sweet and savory, and in those lazy weekend hours, the stress of our lives are kept at bay. I treasure these breakfasts.

This morning, we brewed a fresh pot of hot coffee first, so that the smell would fill the kitchen while we cooked. Illy coffee is my absolute favorite brand, and my friend and I (I call her Deer) put our money together and bought three tins of it. Now we have an Illy coffee mountain in our kitchen.

I poured two hot mugs of coffee, but first, I added the half-and-half and heated it up for 30 seconds so that the cream is warm while the coffee is added. Adding coffee to warm cream helps the coffee mix better, and the taste is so much creamier and rich. We each chose our favorite mug, because coffee tastes differently depending on the mug you drink it out of.

For breakfast, we had french toast, with maple syrup, fresh scrambled eggs with yolks so golden they could have come from Rapunzel's kitchen, some crispy thick bacon slices, and two creamy dollops of fresh mozzarella cheese to surprise each bite with.

It was a magical morning :)

For breakfast, we had french toast, with maple syrup, fresh scrambled eggs with yolks so golden they could have come from Rapunzel's kitchen, some crispy thick bacon slices, and two creamy dollops of fresh mozzarella cheese to surprise each bite with.

Sounds fantastic I love the idea of a Magical Breakfast - although I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything else all day!

Hey, there's a hair in my eggs.

Rapunzel, WTF!

Just kidding. Sounds great.

How does mozz dollop, though? Like a burata in a way?

Saturday here right now, I'm not big on brekkys. But my wife is , every sat I make her scrambled eggs with bacon. And a hot chocolate. I just have a cup of earl grey tea.

And. Welcome.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom