The moderator's internet access

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:25 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Missed it by a few minutes... Just having breakfast now. It's 9:30am here. Cold, foggy and frosty stay to the day.

Right the winner is @Caribbean girl with her Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was a very close call between that and @morning glory's Strawberries and Cream Brioche Pudding which looked great, but I'm a huge chocolate fan....

So over to @Caribbean girl. What is the next challenge.

And if I don't update things very quickly, sorry. My new home has no mobile signal hence no mobile Internet, no landline yet so no Internet there either...

MOD note: moved from the CookingBites recipe challenge now that it is more than just one or two replies.

Last edited:
Missed it by a few minutes... Just having breakfast now. It's 9:30am here. Cold, foggy and frosty stay to the day.

Right the winner is @Caribbean girl with her Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was a very close call between that and @morning glory's Strawberries and Cream Brioche Pudding which looked great, but I'm a huge chocolate fan....

So over to @Caribbean girl. What is the next challenge.

And if I don't update things very quickly, sorry. My new home has no mobile signal hence no mobile Internet, no landline yet so no Internet there either...
It's the local McD's then, internetwise!

Don't have one. Too rural even for them!

I get a signal a few km from the house. I just need to get life sorted at home first.
I thought eleven miles from the nearest was bad. See Midnight Mass on CC, on the "up" section of road.

Just so everyone knows, the very first post of this thread gets edited after every challenge with what was the winning ingredient and who choose what next.

PS. I have found a little bit of a signal outside the laundry so provided I want to stand up outside to use the Internet.... You have me back ish.... :D

Just so everyone knows, the very first post of this thread gets edited after every challenge with what was the winning ingredient and who choose what next.

PS. I have found a little bit of a signal outside the laundry so provided I want to stand up outside to use the Internet.... You have me back ish....
:D
Does it involve standing on or holding anything?

No date or time given yet.

Currently under the electricity cables but only in one specific direction... And the tablet is carefully balanced on a wooden fence... It is dodgy! And slow.
Like a relatives.
Only reliable mobile signal, museum pieces apart, has been on a rock at head level, with an arm held out. You have to face North as well.

We have just established that we are entitled to satellite broadband but because they have just launched a new satellite, there is a couple of months waiting list and it is not cheap at $aud 125 per month for a very restricted download limit.

We have just established that we are entitled to satellite broadband but because they have just launched a new satellite, there is a couple of months waiting list and it is not cheap at $aud 125 per month for a very restricted download limit.[/QUOTE

So...are you going to sign up? I'd go mad without easy internet access!

I know you've said used PAYG SIM's up here. How do they compare, pricewise, down under?

They are called buy as you go sims here... 5Gb over the course of 28 days costs AUD $50 but that also has an additional 5Gb available to you off peak as well, which is very common here. And then there are free unlimited texts to Aussie mobiles plus something like AUD $500 to international landlines which only really works out at about 25 minutes a week or something like that...

When we were exiled to the tin can last year (older readers will follow the story), Wi-fi was wildly unpredictable. We had the rare occasion when it was good enough to watch a football match on BT Sport, but mostly it was rubbish. Some days, you couldn't get connected at all and there were other times when it was slower than the very earliest dial-up. One day, it took us about four times as long to download a programme on BBC i-player than it would have taken to watch it.

yep - that sounds about right, but forget the watching of tv via the internet. that can't happen here at the moment. both networks that I sometimes get a signal on are on restricted downloads... 5Gb during the peak hours. One of them has peak hours down as 7am to 1am!

Back
Top Bottom