The Murdering of Tyre Nichols.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:39 PM
What do you think of him? Do you, as the rest of the country thinks that he was murdered unjustly? And what about the 5 officers who were involved in the murder (beating him to death)? Should they all be punished accordingly? There seems to be very strong opposition & the victim's family (his mom) is asking for a peaceful demonstration against the 5 black policer officers that took his life from him viciously & unjust. Some are comparing it to Rodney King & the murdering of George Floyd in 2021 or so. :mad::stop:

Last edited:
What do you think of him? Do you, as the rest of the country thinks that he was murdered unjustly? And what about the 5 officers who were involved in the murder (beating him to death)? Should they all be punished accordingly? There seems to be very strong opposition & the victim's family (his mom) is asking for a peaceful demonstration against the 5 black policer officers that took his life from him viciously & unjust. Some are comparing it to Rodney King & the murdering of George Floyd in 2021 or so. :mad::stop:

I read abut it a little today. They say the bodycam video is going to be released. Right now, I don't know enough to make any informed comments.

CD

I read abut it a little today. They say the bodycam video is going to be released. Right now, I don't know enough to make any informed comments.

CD

This is probably the first time in police force history that a black citizen was attacked, ambushed, beaten & killed by an all-black group of police officers. Nevertheless, they need to be held accountable for their evil actions & be punished to the full extent of the law!! You can catch it all on CNN. :mad:

This is being reported in the UK.

There appears to be some head scratching on how to report it because for once you can't say that the outrageous police brutality is racially motivated. Though one commentator did try to bring race into it by asking if the five black officers would have beaten him if he was white.

Unbelievable!

Anyway, I hope the protests that will come this weekend remain mostly peaceful, otherwise the right wing media will just focus on the violence, and quietly forget the original offence.

This is being reported in the UK.

There appears to be some head scratching on how to report it because for once you can't say that the outrageous police brutality is racially motivated. Though one commentator did try to bring race into it by asking if the five black officers would have beaten him if he was white.

Unbelievable!

Anyway, I hope the protests that will come this weekend remain mostly peaceful, otherwise the right wing media will just focus on the violence, and quietly forget the original offence.

Sadly, any time there is a protest like this, there are people who come out of the woodwork who care nothing about the protest. They just want to tear stuff up, burn things down, and loot stores. Then the right wing blames the protesters -- well, with the exception of the January 6 rioters at the Capital. That was justified violence.

CD

From what I saw on the bodycam, 5 thugs/hooligans beat and kicked a defenceless bloke to death. They should, therefore, be processed as criminals and sentenced accordingly.
The fact that these despicable thugs were police officers only compounds the horror. I´m sure they´ll get their come-uppance once they´re in jail.

I watched the whole 26 minute video.

First off, Memphis is in my top-five cities in the US you couldn't pay me enough to live in. It ranks number one or two yearly for violent crime. I went there about ten years ago on business, and went to a convenience store near the airport, and the cashier was behind bullet-proof glass. Not a good sign. That tells me the police department is not doing an effective job.

Second, how is it that four (I counted at least seven at one point) cops can't subdue one skinny guy without beating him to death? Did they get any training before they got a badge and a gun?

Toward the end of the video, it looks like the cops gathered are starting to embellish the story to justify their actions.

That's my observations from the video. I'll have to watch over the next few months to see how it plays out.

CD

Sadly, any time there is a protest like this, there are people who come out of the woodwork who care nothing about the protest. They just want to tear stuff up, burn things down, and loot stores. Then the right wing blames the protesters -- well, with the exception of the January 6 rioters at the Capital. That was justified violence.

CD
The mother of Tyre has kindly asked the community not to do that, & so far, it looks as though things are going her way. :whistling:

From what I saw on the bodycam, 5 thugs/hooligans beat and kicked a defenceless bloke to death. They should, therefore, be processed as criminals and sentenced accordingly.
The fact that these despicable thugs were police officers only compounds the horror. I´m sure they´ll get their come-uppance once they´re in jail.
Looks like there are 5 more officers involved, totaling 10 now. And since there are 10 of them now, I expect that they will all be charged for the exact same thing, meaning that the trial may all be one big one :mad:

The mother of Tyre has kindly asked the community not to do that, & so far, it looks as though things are going her way. :whistling:

Sadly, if there is any violence, it won't be the community causing it. It will be outsiders looking for trouble.

CD

I've seen it through and was repulsed by the non sensical violence. When a man screams for his mum you know it's bad. And these guys are black as well. One commentator suggested it was reverse racism , black cops conditioned to hate blacks,? Wtf?
A kiwi in murica was recently killed by a cop . My initial thoughts were drugs??
Apparently not??

Russ

Back
Top Bottom