The CookingBites Spice Challenge - Spice of the Month (August 2017):Ginger

Thank you everyone for your lovely entries. There were 9 entries altogether. The following entries caught my eye:

Thai Coconut Soup from @The Late Night Gourmet - I don't normally like things containing coconut milk but I was so inspired to make this that I have obtained a fresh coconut (as recommended by @Francesca ) to try it out.
Courgette Kofta in a Ginger and Tomato Sauce from @Elawin. I'm not a great fan of courgettes either (!) as I find them rather insipid, but this way of cooking them looks very interesting and is one I will try out.
Rougaille (Mauritian tomato-based dish) from @Herbie. A very unusual (to me, at least) and intriguing regional dish.
Crispy Ginger Potatoes from @Yorky. A simple, spicy, very gingery recipe!

In the end I decided on the Rougaille. I'm so intrigued that I simply must try it! So I hereby declare @Herbie the winner of the August Spice Challenge. See below for the choice of prize.

Here are the prizes on offer @Herbie - just choose one and PM me a postal address!

Deiss® PRO Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater

9432-a9e6a8d32c24426bd8acd189f8f4557d.jpg

Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day- Hardcover (Jul 2016)

9431-cdf4dbd608d9318e73443596859cfe6b.jpg

Sirocco: Fabulous Flavours from the East - Hardcover (May 2016)

611NK8oYX+L._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Syria: Recipes from Home - Hardcover (4 May 2017)

51Y-Nq3YR8L._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

OXO Good Grips Mandolin Slicer
41ppCUBhIVL._AC_US436_QL65_-2.jpg

Gumelo - Certified Organic Grow Your Own Kit - Pearl Oyster Mushroom

819B58-l+yL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you everyone for your lovely entries. There were 9 entries altogether. The following entries caught my eye:

Thai Coconut Soup from @The Late Night Gourmet - I don't normally like things containing coconut milk but I was so inspired to make this that I have obtained a fresh coconut (as recommended by @Francesca ) to try it out.
Courgette Kofta in a Ginger and Tomato Sauce from @Elawin. I'm not a great fan of courgettes either (!) as I find them rather insipid, but this way of cooking them looks very interesting and is one I will try out.
Rougaille (Mauritian tomato-based dish) from @Herbie. A very unusual (to me, at least) and intriguing regional dish.
Crispy Ginger Potatoes from @Yorky. A simple, spicy, very gingery recipe!

In the end I decided on the Rougaille. I'm so intrigued that I simply must try it! So I hereby declare @Herbie the winner of the August Spice Challenge. See below for the choice of prize.

@morning glory

Definitely sublime exquisite refinement .. Thank you Dear .. It is truly amazing ..

I am sure that you shall conquer palates !! Have a lovely weekend ..

Here are the prizes on offer @Herbie - just choose one and PM me a postal address!

Deiss® PRO Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater

View attachment 10133

Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day- Hardcover (Jul 2016)

View attachment 10134

Sirocco: Fabulous Flavours from the East - Hardcover (May 2016)

View attachment 10135

Syria: Recipes from Home - Hardcover (4 May 2017)

View attachment 10136

OXO Good Grips Mandolin Slicer
View attachment 10137

Gumelo - Certified Organic Grow Your Own Kit - Pearl Oyster Mushroom

View attachment 10138

@morning glory

Wow ! Fascinating little presents ..

The Persian Cookbook, the Syrian and the Indian Cookery books would be lovely as well as the Mushroom Toy !!! Hard decisión ..

Have a lovely wkend ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom