The CookingBites Spice Challenge - Spice of the Month (January 2018): Peppercorns

Unfortunately it was well past dark so no natural light available.
This is why you never see night time photos from me... :) I cook things early in the day and re-heat for evening or I cook things for lunch. Obviously you can't re-heat a prawn dish like this, though.

It looks delicious!

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/dark-chocolate-mousse-and-sichuan-peppercorns.11904/

In this period, because of the work, I am very little at home, so I don't have time to cook. Here's a recipe for a quick dessert:
dark chocolate mousse and sichuan peppercorns

dark chocolate mousse.jpg

:woot::woot:Its judgement time again! There were 7 lovely entries altogether from 5 members. A big thank you to everyone who participated in the thread. The recipes were (in the order in which they were posted):

@Herbie: Salt and chilli pepper squid
I love squid and the deep-fry method in this recipe cooks it until just tender. Unusually, the recipe uses lightly toasted Schezuan pepper and there are chillies too in the final dish! I think that is a great combination of flavour.

@Yorky: Salt and Pepper Prawns and Pepper steak
Yorky 's Salt and Pepper Prawns look absolutely delicious. Its a great straightforward recipe (and I love prawns). The Pepper steak is a black pepper crusted steak with mustard sauce to add another spicy hot dimension. Beautifully photographed.

@ElizabethB: Pepper Shrimp
Another pepper prawn (shrimp) recipe! Great stuff. The dish includes a mixture of black, white, pink and green peppercorns which caught my attention straight away. Then there is a spicy dip containing Jalapeño, Sriracha and more peppercorns. The prawns look delicious in the photograph.

@Sandra: Dark chocolate mousse and sichuan peppercorns
A very innovative combination of dark chocolate, cream and sichuan pepper. And as usual, @Sandra woos us with elegant simplicity. Beautiful.

@Elawin: Spiced Buttered Rice and Beetroot and Pink Peppercorn Gratin
Elawin's Spiced Buttered Rice takes rice into another dimension. Its a total meal in itself with dates, saffron, nuts and black peppercorns. Its on my to do list!
The Beetroot and Pink Peppercorn Gratin is a stunningly lush looking recipe. I'm not the world's biggest fan of beetroot but this dish looks very tempting.

As usual, its a difficult decision to choose one dish - I'd eat any of them. In the end I've chosen Pepper Shrimp from @ElizabethB. I simply love the spicing in this dish and the fact it uses 4 different types of peppercorns makes it a worthy winner for the peppercorn challenge! Congratulations @ElizabethB! :woot:. You need to choose your prize from the list and PM me an address to send it to.

Back
Top Bottom