The Vegan and Non vegan plants and animals both deserve respect

pinkcherrychef

Local time
3:01 PM
Okay before I start with this post I just want to say this is a fun, nice friendly discussion. We all are entitled to our opinions and beliefs. This is not meant to make you change your mind only to discuss why you do it. I didn't make this post to offend anyone I only created it to talk about this because I'm extremely curious. So with that lets begin

Alright now we all know vegans and non vegans right? The vegans eat all veggies and no diary. While the non vegans eat veggies,dairy and meat. There are many types of vegans I wont name them all. As far as I know of meat eaters don't have categories like the vegans. Which type are you? Are you a vegan or a meat eater? If so why do you do it? Is it for health reasons or cause you don't want to eat your cute little furry brethren? Please answer maturely and respectfully.

I'll share mine first okay. I'm a non vegan or meat eater there are a lot of health benefits that you can get from eating meat. I use to be anemic so I always had to eat a lot of rich iron foods and get lots of B12. I'm also at risk for Osteoporosis so getting enough vitamin D is major important for me to keep me from ever getting it. Eating meat gives you a lot of health benefits that you can't get from plants for instance my research tells me these things you can't get from plants Vitamin B12, Creatine, Carnosine, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), Heme-iron, Taurine.

These vitamins are essential for my health so that's the main reason why I choose to eat meat. I love vegan dishes to and the diet they lead. It's absolutely beautiful in all honesty. In my religion I can't eat any pork or drink alcohol. Now I don't consume a lot of meat I eat more veggies than I do critters. Also my religion is very strict when it comes to eating animals. I follow the Halal law so if I am not where I can get Halal meats then I must become a vegetarian.

I'm a very passionate person when it comes to certain things. One of those things is respect of what God has provided for you. I respect both plants and animals I try to not treat one lesser then the other. however I think honestly I may favor plants more though :P. I read many things about plants one article I found was that plants have a type of soul and actually do have feelings. Many experiments have been made where plants are told they are bad or good and the ones that get the negative response rot, while the ones that get positive response strive and grow so big.

Another article I read really touched me where I follow by today. It was telling about how native Americans gather plants for medicine. When they dig the plant up they talk to it apologizing and explaining to the plant why they are being dug up. The plant is told that they are important and will save many lives so this why they are removed. I have native American blood in me so for me I took that personally and it really touched me. Maybe I 'm just weird and childish lol but I do love plants just as much as animals or maybe even more. I would always name my plants when ever I got one. For instance I had a bamboo plant named Harvey and rosemary bush named rose lol.

Animals always get protected and respected but I always ask myself what about the plants? They are alive just as much as them just because there different doesn't mean they shouldn't have rights. I've come across a lot of vegans who judge me while I eat an egg or a piece of chicken and call me an animal killer. Because of people like me animals will be extinct, and are mercilessly killed. That if I knew how animals were killed and how many died I would think I was horrible person for eating them.

My response is always this. Well what about you? I'm not the only one who is the villain here you know. Plants are living creatures to you know. Do you know how many plants die from just one meal you eat? Can you imagine how they are killed and prepared? Just because plants don't move,speak, and eat like we do doesn't make them any less special. They have souls just as much as animals. Plants will be gone way before animals do because of the way they are mistreated and not respected. You my friend are a plant killer.

This always gets them to be quiet and not judge me. I know not all vegans aren't like this I have had many delightful people who are vegans. I truly respect vegans and I get where there coming from but can't we all agree that plants need to be respected and protected just as much as animals?

I'm dead serious about the plants I'm not joking or making fun I really mean it. What are your thoughts and beliefs on plants and animals? Are you vegan or non vegan?

Animals always get protected and respected

There are sadly many examples of animal cruelty across the world...

You can't prove that plants or indeed animals have souls - that is simply your personal belief. A main pro-vegan argument is based on the concept of sentience rather than 'souls'.

Another article I read really touched me where I follow by today. It was telling about how native Americans gather plants for medicine. When they dig the plant up they talk to it apologizing and explaining to the plant why they are being dug up. The plant is told that they are important and will save many lives so this why they are removed. I have native American blood in me so for me I took that personally and it really touched me.
I'm sure you know this already, but Native Americans also traditionally did the same for any animal they killed. Additionally, it's important to use every part of the thing they harvested in some way if possible. So, rather than killing an animal only for the best cuts of meat, they made sure to use the skin for clothing and the less desirable cuts of meat for a stew or some other purpose. The reverence for Nature - the acknowledgement that we're only a part of Nature, and not the master of it - is truly inspirational.

Alright now we all know vegans and non vegans right? The vegans eat all veggies and no diary. While the non vegans eat veggies,dairy and meat. There are many types of vegans I wont name them all. As far as I know of meat eaters don't have categories like the vegans. Which type are you?
Firstly I think it's important to clarify your understanding of vegan, vegetarian, omnivore etc.

Omnivores eat everything.
Vegetarians won't eat any flesh or product containing animal/fish/insect products that have resulted in the death of the animal/fish/insects etc.
Pescetarians will eat the same as vegetarians but include fish and fish products in their diet (so would be happy with wine or beer filleted through fish bladders for example)
Vegans don't eat any product derived from animals/fish/insects. So eggs and honey are out of the question. Vegetables and vegetable derived options only, no using fish bladders to clarify beer or wine.

There are some who take it a step further and will only eat vegetables, nuts and seeds that don't result in the death of the plant.

I'm also at risk for Osteoporosis so getting enough vitamin D is major important for me to keep me from ever getting it.
Vitamin D is manufactured in the human body. You only need 20 minutes exposure to sunlight 3 times a week over an area the size of your hands and face to produce enough naturally. It is only vitamin b12 which is of concern to vegans and there are vegan sources of it. They are just not as abundant as other option. Being in Egypt you are much closer to the equator so should not have the issues some far northern and far southern countries have where the sun is not strong enough in winter for the body to produce enough.
Whilst this site is an Australian one, is information is pretty accurate
https://ostelin.com.au/sunlight-vitamin/
This is also useful, though bare in mind is references to darker skin types are for aboriginal skins but I guess would similarly apply to Asian, African etc.. I certainly fall under the
How does skin type affect vitamin D production?
People with naturally dark skin may not be obtaining sufficient vitamin D from sun exposure. This is because dark skin, compared to lighter skin, contains higher amounts of melanin – melanin impedes vitamin D synthesis.

Light coloured skin naturally contains less melanin hence it is able convert the sun’s UV rays into vitamin D more readily. Melanin helps to protect against UV radiation hence lighter skinned people will burn more easily in the sunlight and require greater sun protection.

There are sadly many examples of animal cruelty across the world...

You can't prove that plants or indeed animals have souls - that is simply your personal belief. A main pro-vegan argument is based on the concept of sentience rather than 'souls'.
not proof that they have souls sorry if I didn't word it right. What I meant was there have been scientific proof that plants react to negativity and positivity. That doesn't mean they have souls though like you said that has to do with your belief. That's not really the important thing I'm trying to point out though. What my main point is if you want to look at it the scientific way then think about it everyone is focused on animals but what about the plants? Do you know how much vegitation is wasted every single second of the day? So many plants have become extinct because of mans disregard to respect plants. So we should both respect animals and plants because there both equally important. Without plants everyone would die am I not right?

Last edited:
Firstly I think it's important to clarify your understanding of vegan, vegetarian, omnivore etc.

Omnivores eat everything.
Vegetarians won't eat any flesh or product containing animal/fish/insect products that have resulted in the death of the animal/fish/insects etc.
Pescetarians will eat the same as vegetarians but include fish and fish products in their diet (so would be happy with wine or beer filleted through fish bladders for example)
Vegans don't eat any product derived from animals/fish/insects. So eggs and honey are out of the question. Vegetables and vegetable derived options only, no using fish bladders to clarify beer or wine.

There are some who take it a step further and will only eat vegetables, nuts and seeds that don't result in the death of the plant.

Vitamin D is manufactured in the human body. You only need 20 minutes exposure to sunlight 3 times a week over an area the size of your hands and face to produce enough naturally. It is only vitamin b12 which is of concern to vegans and there are vegan sources of it. They are just not as abundant as other option. Being in Egypt you are much closer to the equator so should not have the issues some far northern and far southern countries have where the sun is not strong enough in winter for the body to produce enough.
Whilst this site is an Australian one, is information is pretty accurate
https://ostelin.com.au/sunlight-vitamin/
This is also useful, though bare in mind is references to darker skin types are for aboriginal skins but I guess would similarly apply to Asian, African etc.. I certainly fall under the
thank you for that information :)

I'm sure you know this already, but Native Americans also traditionally did the same for any animal they killed. Additionally, it's important to use every part of the thing they harvested in some way if possible. So, rather than killing an animal only for the best cuts of meat, they made sure to use the skin for clothing and the less desirable cuts of meat for a stew or some other purpose. The reverence for Nature - the acknowledgement that we're only a part of Nature, and not the master of it - is truly inspirational.
Yes I did know that and I always follow by the rule of never wasting food because I want to have that same respect for Earth aand it's creatures. To me it doesn't matter whether you eat animals or plants. What matters if you show respect to either one. It doesn't matter whether it has a soul or feelings. The main thing that matters is everything on Earth deserves our respect. If we don't show respect and everything goes extinct then we will die simple as that.
Oh and thank you for responding :)

Last edited:
The greatest threat to both plants and animals on this planet is habitat destruction, that is totally on our heads. You can't tell someone living in extreme poverty not to procreate nor use up natural resources to survive. Have you ever seen an areal photo of the island of Hispanola? You can distinguish the Haitian side from the Dominican side by the lack of trees and vegetation on the Haitian side.

Yes I did know that and I always follow by the rule of never wasting food because I want to have that same respect for Earth aand it's creatures. To me it doesn't matter whether you eat animals or plants. What matters if you show respect to either one. It doesn't matter whether it has a soul or feelings. The main thing that matters is everything on Earth deserves our respect. If we don't show respect and everything goes extinct then we will die simple as that.
Oh and thank you for responding :)
That's a pretty good approach to life!

The greatest threat to both plants and animals on this planet is habitat destruction, that is totally on our heads. You can't tell someone living in extreme poverty not to procreate nor use up natural resources to survive. Have you ever seen an areal photo of the island of Hispanola?

If people were both concerned about both animals and plants this world would be in less danger. Like you said the main problem with plants going extinct is because of habitat destruction if everyone would focus on both animals and plants then this earth would be in less danger. Although in some ways it makes me a little ticked off that everyone says oh it's just a plant it will grow back. Yes some do grow back and can handle a lot of damage which is why plants today are still living considering the way they are treated. People vegans or non- vegans should love both animals and plants and treat them with the same respect and protect them both as well. If we don't then we won't survive. Sorry for the very late reply ('^-^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom