The Wildcard Challenge: Blindfolded Ingredient Selection!

Well I picked out my 4 main ingredients from the fridge and the cupboard. It could have been very interesting if I'd gone a bit more to the left or to the right, but the ingredients went together quite well.

The ingredients were an onion from my veg box, a tray with 3 softening tomatoes in, the tail end of a packet of basmati rice (could have been lentils, paella rice or risotto rice), and half a carton of butter beans from the fridge (which could just as easily been yoghurt, or paneer, or Brussel sprouts!). I shall post what I did with them later on (it's 2.30 in the UK now).
I made a sort of a middle eastern dish out of it all, and only added black pepper, a little mint, and some pomegranate molasses.

I have tried it again; this time with the kitchen lights off (there is no light in my fridge and the light in the chest freezer only comes on if the lid is opened wide - impossible, thanks to a sleeping cat). I chose one item from the fridge (Brussels sprouts), one from the freezer (sausages - not the decent ones I have for myself, but the cheap ones I get for the dog!), one from the veg box (a large sweet potato), and one from the cupboard (paella rice). So I made a rice pudding with the paella rice, and while that was baking I fried the sausages and had them with boiled Brussels sprouts and sweet potato chips.

Back
Top Bottom