Things I do when I'm eating

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:37 AM
I suppose ideally we should sit quietly when eating, contemplating each mouthful. Or maybe eat together with family or friends chatting amiably. But in reality, how many of us do? Personally I like to either watch television or read a book. I find it difficult to just sit and eat. I don't much enjoy eating with others either. This is purely selfish as I like to enjoy the food without chit-chat.

So, do you read a newspaper or a magazine whilst eating? Do eat whilst driving or walking? Do you listen to music or radio whilst eating? Perhaps you eat whilst working? I'm sure there are other possibilities...

Its just me and the cats so i usually fire up youtube and find something entertaining to watch...i can not eat and read at the same time.

We sit at the table to eat, we talk, make plans etc..

For world domination? Yeah, we do that too. :cool:

Actually, while the TV is almost always on in the next room, we discuss the events of the day.

When I'm alone (at work however, I like to watch either cooking shows, TV series, or movies.

For world domination? Yeah, we do that too. :cool:

Actually, while the TV is almost always on in the next room, we discuss the events of the day.

When I'm alone (at work however, I like to watch either cooking shows, TV series, or movies.

Not quite world domination :laugh:

Mostly life in general

I do nothing except eat.

Well, I also swat mosquitos and wave away flies.

When I am at home, I usually pull up a little table to my couch in my little living room, have some sort of a background noise on whether it be the TV or the radio, get all my condiments and a napkin, and I load up this really nice acacia wood TV tray that my darling bought me with any condiments, my meal, and my napkin & cutlery, and have a seat to enjoy. Occasionally, I will sit at my kitchen table (even though I have a one bedroom, not many guests, and live alone with two cats it has three chairs, don't ask me why, lol!), but it's usually covered with newspapers and flyers, cat stuff, the fruit dish (which, naughty me, should have a little more in it more often), plants, etc.

I really do like eating outdoors though, taking a small walk down a nearby local trail, or hiking in to the woods or to water nearby and bringing a meal to enjoy. I have fun packing a lunch or brunch and lemonade or snacks or both, into tupperwares or thermoses, wrapping all in a blanket and tucking it all together with a small FM battery powered radio (or your phone, for music) and some napkins in to a knapsack, and heading off in some direction to sit down (the blanket under you) to feast! :)

Back
Top Bottom