Tips and tricks

I need urgent help! Does anyone know how to remove stains of roots of turmeric from hands? Oh my!, everything I touch now became yellow!!! I'm like Marge Simpson!! I had the idea to prepare risotto with turmeric ( for the happiness of my husband)..:cry:

:laugh: You can't - except by repeated washing. It does wear off quite quickly, though! Unlike on my lovely bamboo worktop where the stains have lasted 6 months or more!

Here in Nakhorn Nowhere, the Thais have a custom to tie a few strings of water soaked silk around your wrist for good luck. The Khmers take it a little further and soak the silk strands in turmeric water. It then gets everywhere. I can recommend washing denim for at least 10 times and it then may be almost invisible.

A Sri Lankan friend of mine in Kuala Lumpur used to take me to a banana leaf Indian restaurant. The food was excellent but I had a complaint that eating with my fingers (right hand) left them yellow. I'm sure it left his fingers yellow also but it was impossible to tell as his hands were almost ebony. The yellow washed off in a few hours.

If foil lining cake tins, lay foil over one, then press the foil in using a second tin. Saves poking finger holes into the foil when doing it with your hands..
Works with Greaseproof paper as well

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

:)

I found out the solution!
20170402_135403.jpg

Husband:" no no you can't use this, it's for cleaning bathroom, kitchen, it's tossic for skin!"
Me:" I don't care, I can't keep winter gloves! And I'm yellow up to my elbows"
However, it works!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the solution for denims - put a patch over it!
Why not!? Could catch on. I think denims used to be quite a rebellious kind of statement but now there is bland uniform mentality with the predictable torn knees etc. i.e. precious little individuality! Just another way of conforming now.

Why not!? Could catch on. I think denims used to be quite a rebellious kind of statement but now there is bland uniform mentality with the predictable torn knees etc. i.e. precious little individuality! Just another way of conforming now.

Back in the 70's I used to patch my own jeans with leather patches which I had embroidered myself with various symbols. I also had a headband which was made from the skins of mink's heads. I may have even had flowers in my hair but I doubt that. I really cannot be definite about anything that happened in those years really.

Back in the 70's I used to patch my own jeans with leather patches which I had embroidered myself with various symbols. I also had a headband which was made from the skins of mink's heads. I may have even had flowers in my hair but I doubt that. I really cannot be definite about anything that happened in those years really.
So, were you a hippy, like myself???
highfive.gif
371183.gif

I wore a kaftan, beads - at one point had a bell necklace and was barefoot. Yes much embroidery and velvet back then...men with long hair...romantic times!

Back
Top Bottom