To sleep or not to sleep?

I cannot lie flat or nearly flat because of reflux, partly as a result of stomach problems and partly as a side effect of one of my medications. I also have a flat spinal cord (like a ribbon), and I often have awful back ache. I have to sleep in a semi-sitting position with plenty of pillows around me - 12 on my bed, and six if I sleep on the sofa, which has slightly raised ends as well as a raised back. I nearly always wake up on my side or on my front, but cannot go to sleep like it.

Am I alone in having got used to sleeping in a vertical posistion?

I cannot lie flat or nearly flat because of reflux, partly as a result of stomach problems and partly as a side effect of one of my medications. I also have a flat spinal cord (like a ribbon), and I often have awful back ache. I have to sleep in a semi-sitting position with plenty of pillows around me - 12 on my bed, and six if I sleep on the sofa, which has slightly raised ends as well as a raised back. I nearly always wake up on my side or on my front, but cannot go to sleep like it.
How awful! That sounds a lot to deal with! Hopefully, once you get off to sleep, the quality of your sleep is good, i.e. not too interrupted?

How awful! That sounds a lot to deal with! Hopefully, once you get off to sleep, the quality of your sleep is good, i.e. not too interrupted?
Only when the hound jumps right on me, but having long legs means he can make up for it with a cuddle. He gives a good back massage too :D

When I used to work in the City, I always used to fall asleep strap-hanging on the way home. Once I was just standing up on the train and fell sound-oh. When I woke up, I was still standing there but the rest of the carriage was nearly empty. Luckily it was a smooth ride that evening :D

Um, yes.

I do, however, often wake up with my arms held vertically. There's a point where they have no weight on the front arm muscles and none on the backs: just perfectly balanced vertically. I go through phases of it. I'm going through one at the moment.

Um, yes.

I do, however, often wake up with my arms held vertically. There's a point where they have no weight on the front arm muscles and none on the backs: just perfectly balanced vertically. I go through phases of it. I'm going through one at the moment.
Nothing to do with zombies I take?

Um, yes.

In the past, I often used to go to sleep and wake up on my front with my elbow on the bed and my chin resting on my hand. That was after I stopped sleeping vertically.

In the past, I often used to go to sleep and wake up on my front with my elbow on the bed and my chin resting on my hand. That was after I stopped sleeping vertically.
Still do both, from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom