Toasters

We use our grill because we don't do toast often enough to justify buying a toaster.

This was the first time I'd ever bought a toaster. Someone once gave me their old one but it wasn't much good so I sold it on at a boot sale, and I did inherit my Dad's very old Morphy Richards one but my daughter had that. We always used to use the grill in the electric oven but I can't be bothered now. I still have a sandwich toaster which I bought in the 1990s and that still gets used quite a bit - in fact, before I got the toaster and after I stopped using the electric grill, I used to put two single slices of bread in the sandwich toaster and toast them that way - lovely - ready cut too :D

001.jpg

My toaster oven can be used to make toast. :wink:

My toaster oven can be used to make toast. :wink:

Maybe that's why it's called a "toaster oven"? :p:

I have a grill in the microwave but it's nowhere near as quick as the toaster (and less economical).

I've got a toaster oven but it really doesn't toast vey quickly. Its great for things like sausages and bacon, though.

I discovered my toaster won't even go down unless it has power.
I have never tried making toast in my toaster oven.

Most are like that now. It's to let you know there's no power :wink:
It made sense. I had power to everything but the toaster and toaster oven. The power switch on the power strip had gotten turned off. My guess is either the rogue cat stepped on it when he went behind everything or hubby bumped it with the broom when he was trying to get the cat from behind there.

It made sense. I had power to everything but the toaster and toaster oven. The power switch on the power strip had gotten turned off. My guess is either the rogue cat stepped on it when he went behind everything or hubby bumped it with the broom when he was trying to get the cat from behind there.
The number of people who either assume it's a fault (add an IT engineer you would be amazed at what I've been asked to fix over the years!) or turn on a toaster, walk away and think they can smell toast is amazing. Not an issue with toast but I do distinctly remember one Christmas meal decades ago when my Grannie was alive, where everyone swore blind that the cooking turkey smelt amazing... my Grannie had set the electric timer to come on in the middle of the night because of the size of the family and the turkey... Someone else had turned the electricity supply off to the cooker that day, not taking into account by grannie's preparation which didn't involve last minute programming of something she hated using, used only once a year and needed to get the instructions of four each and every time... You can guess the rest.

The turkey happened the next day after the arguments had ended.

The number of people who either assume it's a fault (add an IT engineer you would be amazed at what I've been asked to fix over the years!) or turn on a toaster, walk away and think they can smell toast is amazing. Not an issue with toast but I do distinctly remember one Christmas meal decades ago when my Grannie was alive, where everyone swore blind that the cooking turkey smelt amazing... my Grannie had set the electric timer to come on in the middle of the night because of the size of the family and the turkey... Someone else had turned the electricity supply off to the cooker that day, not taking into account by grannie's preparation which didn't involve last minute programming of something she hated using, used only once a year and needed to get the instructions of four each and every time... You can guess the rest.

The turkey happened the next day after the arguments had ended.
I can only imagine.
My mom said when we were living in an apartment back in the late 60's, most of the female neighbors couldn't even change a light bulb. They all had military husbands. A couple commented to mom you have a husband that comes home every night, why do you know how to do things. She commented back because he isn't always home when the light bulb burns out.
(Side note: she needed a step stool to change ceiling lights until I outgrew her, then I needed the step stool. Dad could just reach up and change the bulb. His height may have played a factor in him not being military. )

Oh and I had a most delicious peach cobbler one time. Only problem, it was made with apples not peaches.

Back
Top Bottom