Tomatoes - what to do with them

Or you could emulate my wife this morning and cook Nam ngiao (น้ําเงี้ยว) to serve with noodles and a load of other stuff:

Nam ngiao 2 s.jpg

It's made from tomatoes (obviously), the soaked dried flowers of the Dokngio tree (ดอกเงี้ยว) and the horrendously hot chili sauce from North of Chiang Mai. This is it cooking:

Nam ngiao s.jpg

These are the dried "flowers":

5109456ca.jpg

And this is the curry paste which her mum sends in 2 kg packs by courier!

Nam ngeaw s.jpg

There's nothing quite like fried tomatoes with a bit of bacon, a fried egg, black pudding, mushrooms, fried bread....... Need I go on?

A friend's wife delivered a bag of freshly picked tomatoes this evening. There are red ones, green ones, small ones, ones as big as yer 'ead. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

And I've just finished making salsa.

Any suggestions would be be appreciated.
You can do just about anything with red tomatoes and I love tomatoes on cheese bread. Green tomatoes taste great fried.

I love this salad and basil always works with tomatoes.

Here in Nakhorn Nowhere this is called "Holy Basil".

holy basil s.jpg

This is going in my tomato sauce which I hope will accompany the pork chop which appears to have momentarily disappeared from the freezer.

tomato basil sauce 1 s.jpg

tomato basil sauce 2 s.jpg

The onion/garlic/basil puree was prepared by my new hand blender which a few of you encouraged me to buy. It arrived today - I'll post pictures tomorrow.

This is going in my tomato sauce which I hope will accompany the pork chop which appears to have momentarily disappeared from the freezer.

It actually did disappear. I ate it in January! Doh.

I froze the tomato sauce in three portions. It will come in handy when I order more chops next Friday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom