Tomorrow you are only allowed one food ingredient

The Rainier? Or is there a different variety? I've tried Rainier - pretty flavorless, in my opinion. Same with white asparagus, white peaches, white nectarines... White just doesn't give it much flavor. Just like when searing meat, the flavor is in the color.

An interesting observation. This has me thinking. You could start a new thread about this...

I would use a non stick pan and try and keep it moving as much as possible. Anything stuck would soak off.
who said anything about washing up?
You are allowed flour. So flatbreads could be made. :D
but plain flour and water... nah - even damper has some fat in it. And you wouldn't allow multiple mixed flours, - hence the chickpea/besan flour option I mentioned earlier for La Socca... now that is something I could live off all day.

But I'm still rice or potatoes... I only eat my girls' eggs. Soft and runny in the middle. Soft boiled eggs are an option. It's not like I don't already eat them exceptionally often... we have over 100 frozen in the freezer and despite this being the off-season and people telling me my girls should not be laying I still took 28 eggs last week. I'm going to need help come the summer when the rest of the flock is laying again! A decent dense bread needs more than just a single flour in it. I make chapatti often. Mind you polenta could work...

What about living off something for longer than a day?

but plain flour and water... nah

I make them that way sometimes (but with salt). I'd miss the salt. Flour, water, salt is all that is needed for basic flatbread. See this one:

IMGP1906.jpg

Back
Top Bottom