Too early for mince pies?

cooking-gorilla

Local time
11:27 AM
Well they're in Sainsbury's! The obviously go off before Christmas. I can't decide how I feel about this. On one hand, they're tasty and I'd happily consume them all year round. But on the other hand, you wouldn't pull a cracker at every meal (cue awful puns).

Well they're in Sainsbury's! The obviously go off before Christmas. I can't decide how I feel about this. On one hand, they're tasty and I'd happily consume them all year round. But on the other hand, you wouldn't pull a cracker at every meal (cue awful puns).

It does seem rather early! But why should mince pies only be consumed at Christmas? On the other hand, I suppose if we ate mince pies all the year round they would no longer have that 'Christmassy' taste.

Mince meat pies or pumpkin pies are affiliated with late November and the Christmas Holidays ..

I am in agreement with @morning glory, that if one would créate this holiday pie at other times of the year, it may lose its wonderful Xmas Season spirit ..

However, each to his / her own !

Christmas stuff comes out before Halloween and Easter eggs are out before Valentines day :o_o:

Back
Top Bottom