Tools of the Trade!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:05 AM
001.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

Ok guys, here is one of my orange tool boxes that I keep all of my little gadgets. measuring cups & spoons as well as all my knives in.

This method puts everything right in a familiar place without having to spend hours looking for a single prep tool at all! Also, it keeps stuff from getting lost or misplaced!

How do you store your "tools of the trade"? :wink:

Last edited:
Be careful with the knives stored like that.
My measuring cups and spoons now fit nicely in an ice cream bucket.

012.jpg

Don't forget that I still have & use THESE. ALSO. I plan to add wooden spoons, both slotted & solid, along with a wooden spatula.

A good cook that has a well-stocked tool collection in the kitchen is almost like a surgeon having a well-stock collection of surgical instruments in his operating room!! :wink:

View attachment 4635

Don't forget that I still have & use THESE. ALSO. I plan to add wooden spoons, both slotted & solid, along with a wooden spatula.

A good cook that has a well-stocked tool collection in the kitchen is almost like a surgeon having a well-stock collection of surgical instruments in his operating room!! :wink:
A well stocked kitchen is easier to cook in too.

I keep all my tools in a drawer. We have a drawer for tools and a drawer for knives, forks and spoons. Except for cooking knives which are in a block on the kitchen counter.

I have a cooking knife drawer. No block here. Or should I say a sharps drawer.
The next drawer over is silverware.

I have a cooking knife drawer. No block here. Or should I say a sharps drawer.
The next drawer over is silverware.
Silverware sounds posh! We don't have any here, just stainless steel. I remember my Nan used to bring out silver on special occasions. But most of the time it was kept in a wooden box lined with dark blue velvet. Funny the things you remember.

Silverware sounds posh! We don't have any here, just stainless steel. I remember my Nan used to bring out silver on special occasions. But most of the time it was kept in a wooden box lined with dark blue velvet. Funny the things you remember.
It is referred to as silverware but yes it is actually stainless steel. Actual silverware is typically stored in a wooden box. And no I don't want to mess with the posh stuff. :happy:

It is referred to as silverware but yes it is actually stainless steel. Actual silverware is typically stored in a wooden box. And no I don't want to mess with the posh stuff. :happy:
I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I think real silver need a lot of cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom