Traditional English Breakfast

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:52 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
I'd like to prepare an English breakfast one of these days....could someone give me the recipe of pancakes please? I don't have idea how make it.....:happy:
By the way: are pancakes from UK or from USA?

We don't eat pancakes with traditional English breakfast! Our pancakes are thinner than the American pancakes. American pancakes are eaten for breakfast in the USA.

Last edited:
We don't eat pancakes with traditional English breakfast! Our pancakes are thinner than the American pancakes. American pancakes are eaten for breakfast in the USA.

Practically the pancakes are to English breakfast as the fennel seeds are to Italy in bolognese ragù..:laugh:

We had a thread recently about pancakes which includes recipes: Pancake Day

But - what are you going to serve up for your English breakfast?

I'm thinking to serve up: crispy bacon, fried eggs, pork sausage, grilled tomatoes and beans with tomatoes cream and toasts with butter...once I had in a hotel also mushrooms....but I don't remember if it was in UK or Ireland...anyway I ate them too!
But I don't know how could I prepare the tomatoes cream for beans..

beans with tomatoes cream
I think this must be baked beans! The only sort of beans served at traditional breakfast in the UK come out of tins in a tomato sauce. Like the beans at the top of this plate.

english_breakfast.jpg

I'm thinking to serve up: crispy bacon, fried eggs, pork sausage, grilled tomatoes and beans with tomatoes cream and toasts with butter...once I had in a hotel also mushrooms....but I don't remember if it was in UK or Ireland...anyway I ate them too!

Mushrooms are often added to English breakfast and also black pudding. I like black pudding but some find it too strong in taste.

Mushrooms are often added to English breakfast and also black pudding. I like black pudding but its a bit some find it too strong in taste.
Regional in Ireland, you may have black pudding served up, you may have white pudding served up. Tourist places often will serve up both.

I think this must be baked beans! The only sort of beans served at traditional breakfast in the UK come out of tins in a tomato sauce. Like the beans at the top of this plate.

View attachment 5877

Oh well..I thought it would be take other ingredients to make beans.. it's very simple method..Ok, I think I can do it!:happy:

The "traditional" Scottish breakfast is much the same as the English one, but will probably include black pudding and tattie scones (potato scones). Of course, you might get a bowl of porridge stuck in front of you before you get hit with the fried stuff. Also, your sausage might be in the form of the lorne sausage (square-shaped).

The "traditional" Scottish breakfast is much the same as the English one, but will probably include black pudding and tattie scones (potato scones). Of course, you might get a bowl of porridge stuck in front of you before you get hit with the fried stuff. Also, your sausage might be in the form of the lorne sausage (square-shaped).

I've never eaten porridge or lorne sausage yet, but I'll totally do during my next trip in Scotland. I'm very curious to taste it and find out new food. For the moment I will try to prepare a similar English breakfast on my own..beans ok, tomato sauce ok, eggs and mushrooms ok...the sausage I remember were more different by ours here...maybe I could try in a not Italian supermarket...

Back
Top Bottom