Traditional English Breakfast

IMG_1056.JPG

Breakfast his morning, followed by a walk and a 10 mile bike ride to burn some of the calories off :whistling:

:porky:

View attachment 5972
I've found this image on Wikipedia ( searching more info about black pudding) and I found out that in Italy your black p. is called mostly made in Calabria, Napoli, Toscana and Sardegna. And I'll eat it in Scotland!

The one on the right looks like black pudding. It is indeed made from pigs blood so Sanguinaccio is very similar. It looks as if there are two sorts of Sanguinaccio - one is sweet and has pine nuts and raisins. Very interesting!

Haven't I seen that somewhere before? :whistling:

That's my twin :D

:hungry: oh wow....watering mouth! I can't wait to eat a full English breakfast! I'll be in Edinburgh (ok no english breakfast but scottish)..anyway it will be similar, isn't it?

Possibly, if you order what yo actually want, but a Full Scottish will likely have tatty scones and square sausage. Maybe someone from north of the border could confirm!

The one on the right looks like black pudding. It is indeed made from pigs blood so Sanguinaccio is very similar. It looks as if there are two sorts of Sanguinaccio - one is sweet and has pine nuts and raisins. Very interesting!

Mine was from ~Bury black pudding company~. They even do a veggie option, though I wonder how that works!?

:)

Blood, diced fat and spices, it is one of the tastiest things going. Many European countries have their own version of a blood pudding, but the British and Spanish versions are the best :okay:

:stop: hey hey hey...I haven't ate the Italian version yet....the ball is still in play!

Perhaps this isn’t quite exactly on topic, but it is the best contribution I can make to a discussion about traditional English breakfast......
Some of the best meals I have ever had have been in works canteens and transport cafes, and the worst in a very posh hotel in the Lake District (walked out half way through after I'd made my thoughts very clear - I wouldn't have even fed their food to a starving dog, it was that bad!).

Back
Top Bottom