Traditional English Breakfast

Anyway I'm reading the Edinburgh guide and I can't wait to see it. My brother was been twice ( 1 for holiday and one for work) and he's very keen about Edinburgh...
My daughter went to stay there a few weeks ago and loved it (she had never been before). It is very beautiful but can be rather cold!

My daughter went to stay there a few weeks ago and loved it (she had never been before). It is very beautiful but can be rather cold!

Ah yes, it can be very cold...I hope to be lucky as the last time we went in London was last yeast on May and wow! Surprise! it was more hot than Sardegna...but Edinburgh is more high rispect London...well, crossed fingers! But I like very much UK included the weather!

Anyway I'm reading the Edinburgh guide and I can't wait to see it. My brother was been twice ( 1 for holiday and one for work) and he's very keen about Edinburgh...

Ah yes, it can be very cold...I hope to be lucky as the last time we went in London was last yeast on May and wow! Surprise! it was more hot than Sardegna...but Edinburgh is more high rispect London...well, crossed fingers! But I like very much UK included the weather!

Sorry @morning glory , you might have to separate out another spin-off thread about Edinburgh.

One of the most remarkable things about Edinburgh is this. It centres on the main shopping street, called Princes Street. Next to Princes Street is Princes Street Gardens. They are beautiful gardens, but only 200 – 300 years ago, they were a filthy loch - it was where all the waste from the heavily over-populated old city was dumped. Now they are beautiful gardens. South of the gardens is the old city, with the castle and the Royal Mile. If you stand near the Observatory and look across the gardens towards the castle and the old city you see how it seems as if it all grows out of the rock on which it stands. North of the Princes Street Gardens is the Georgian part of town, which is so clearly planned, full of beautiful architecture balancing squares, not unlike – perhaps not quite on the scale of the Vatican. East of the city centre is the Queen’s Park, with its famous hill Arthur’s Seat. If you get a chance while you are there, take a walk up to the top of Arthur’s Seat. It is a stiff walk but it is just a walk. And the view from the top is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom