Tricolour Pasta

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
6:01 AM
My wife returned with this from the supermarket recently; apparently it's very popular in Australia.

Tastes the same as any other pasta to me although the tinned Branston ravioli was excellent.

ravioli-3_zps2judddni.jpg

We get it everywhere here. I agree it doesn't taste different. I've made my own pasta coloured red with tomato paste and green with spinach (that's the traditional method) but I'm not sure if the dried packet pasta uses those ingredients.

Last edited:
The package here says: turmeric for yellow, tomato (puree probably) for red and spinach for green.

The package here says: turmeric for yellow, tomato (puree probably) for red and spinach for green.

Actually I am wrong. There isn't a yellow one, just red, green and white.

italian chef.png

My wife returned with this from the supermarket recently; apparently it's very popular in Australia.

Tastes the same as any other pasta to me although the tinned Branston ravioli was excellent.

ravioli-3_zps2judddni.jpg
Branston tinned ravioli! You reckon that is good? :eek: I'll have to try it....

I can't even make samosas!

Twenty odd years ago, I was invited to dinner at our partner's house in Doha, Qatar. Amongst other delicacies, his wife served some mini samosas which were excellent. I asked her if she made them herself and she said, "Of course". "I tell the cook how to make the filling and she then takes that down to the bakers who make samosas out of it."

[Edit: I actually make my own filling and my wife makes spring rolls out of it].

Back
Top Bottom