Try This! Really Amazing!

impish

Local time
3:22 AM
First, an egg in a suitable bowl (Corelle), sprinkled with a bit of pepper and salt:

microe11.jpg

Next, use my Mother's old "Armstrong" type beater:
microe10.jpg

Then, I simply pop the beaten egg into our microwave:
microe12.jpg

Then run it on "high" power for 25 seconds; it looks like this, about half-way there. Take a fork and fold the already-cooked part into the uncooked portion: (OK, I see I used a spoon!)
microe13.jpg

Run it another 25 seconds, stop and take a look. Most likely, depending on the oven's power, it will be pretty well-done, looking like a mini-omelette:
microe14.jpg

Scoop it out onto a plate, if you like, check bottom, not "runny", done to perfection, note that NO OIL or FAT was used at all.
microe14.jpg

Cut up into bite-size, or leave whole, enjoy on Rye bread, or however you prefer. No reason why cut-up ham or other cooked meat cannot be included, chopped onion if desired, but that will not be as well-done as you might like, so Onion Powder can be substituted, a tiny shake of Powdered Garlic if you like that, almost endless the tastes which can be done, beat other ingredients in with the egg before cooking.
microe15.jpg

Like big omelettes? 2 eggs try one-minute, total, add 10 or 20 seconds if not cooked to your liking. 3 eggs, perhaps a 1 minute 30 seconds. Imagine the saving of greasy frypans, or those chemically-bonded coated pans.......fear not the "nuking", it's only good old radio waves, like our bodies have been bombarded with our entire lifetimes!

EDIT: NEVER put a whole egg-yolk (unbeaten, that is) in a microwave: it will explode and mess things up! Nicer note: How about tossing in some fruit before nuking? Blueberries, Raspberries, or a bit of shredded cheese? Yum, yum!

Last edited:
A pan of foaming butter and some fresh herbs from the garden works for me. My brain is addled enough without any more radio waves flying round the kitchen :)

I make scrambled eggs in the microwave and that produces lovely creamy curdy results but omelettes are just as fast in a pan and its easier to get a slightly soft runny interior (which is as it should be in my book!) and add fillings such as cheese to melt, when folded over. It takes me about a minute and a half to make an omelette in a pan.

EDIT: NEVER put a whole egg-yolk (unbeaten, that is) in a microwave: it will explode and mess things up!

In fact you can put a whole egg yolk in the microwave as long as you prick it first. You can also boil whole eggs in the microwave.

Is that dish from the corelle pattern with the ivy leaves? I always liked that pattern and the green rim looks right for it.

Does adding cheese make it stick to the dish?

Back
Top Bottom