8:42 AM
Ingredients:
1 12 oz can tuna fish, drained
1 good size dollop miracle whip
1 tsp or so each dill and sweet pickle relishes
A bit of garlic powder
A bit of onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix together. Serve with crackers or bread.

Lol, so you want to start an international incident with the Miracle Whip thing... :ninja:

I happen to like both but prefer Eastern mayo (versus Western mayo - West of the Mississippi). Looking at your recipe, I can see how it works, though.
Gotta try this one.

Well only this evening..well yesterday, I made my own version of this. I added Hellman's Mayonnaise (yet to make my own on the urging of @classic33 and others), grated onion, mustard, grated sweet peppers, a pinch of salt, and some white pepper. Is there something I am missing about the Miracle Whip? Get over here @epicuric!!!:ninja::ninja:

Lol, so you want to start an international incident with the Miracle Whip thing... :ninja:

I happen to like both but prefer Eastern mayo (versus Western mayo - West of the Mississippi). Looking at your recipe, I can see how it works, though.
Gotta try this one.
Since you are east of the big water, you can use mayo.
At wintry...miracle whip is a seasoned mayo.

This is similar to 'go to' storecupboard sandwich filling here. Tinned tuna, squirt of mayo, salt, pepper and a few shakes of tabasco. Served in wholemeal bread with sliced cucumber. Never though of adding onion, but I can see that would work.
Now, Miracle Whip I have never encountered, but a quick scan though it's ingredients and the word 'modified' crops up too often for my liking. And canola oil. Having said that, the jury is still out on rapeseed oil, the main ingredient in Hellmans. Their supposedly healthy olive oil version apparently contains soybean oil - the worst of the lot. So @winterybella, I think it may be time to start making our own.

@Cinisajoy

My favorite canned tuna fish is a Galician Brand called: Cuca .. And it is canned or jarred which I prefer, with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and no additives.

I prepare a home made Mayonnaise which is: 1 garlic clove minced, 1 egg yolk, 1 cup of Spanish Evoo ( 250 ml. ), a pinch of salt and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Then, the tuna fish, minced celery with peeled stalks, 1 tiny shallot minced, a tiny drop of Home made Mayo, just to provide a holder for the tuna fish salad, but not disguising the tuna predomínate taste which I adore, and a few sprigs with fronds of fresh dill and a tiny bit of fresh lemon drizzled ..

I do not care much for disguising the taste of the Tuna fish which is why I do not use bottled / jarred mayonaise industrial preparations ..

Nice post ..
Thank you for récipe ..

@Cinisajoy

My favorite canned tuna fish is a Galician Brand called: Cuca .. And it is canned or jarred which I prefer, with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and no additives.

I prepare a home made Mayonnaise which is: 1 garlic clove minced, 1 egg yolk, 1 cup of Spanish Evoo ( 250 ml. ), a pinch of salt and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Then, the tuna fish, minced celery with peeled stalks, 1 tiny shallot minced, a tiny drop of Home made Mayo, just to provide a holder for the tuna fish salad, but not disguising the tuna predomínate taste which I adore, and a few sprigs with fronds of fresh dill and a tiny bit of fresh lemon drizzled ..

I do not care much for disguising the taste of the Tuna fish which is why I do not use bottled / jarred mayonaise industrial preparations ..

Nice post ..
Thank you for récipe ..

Hola @Francesca, I like yours! I often try to prepare homemade mayo too, I surely prefer to those industrial. I use homemade Mayo to prepare Vitel Tonne' ( tuna lamb)...

Hola @Francesca, I like yours! I often try to prepare homemade mayo too, I surely prefer to those industrial. I use homemade Mayo to prepare Vitel Tonne' ( tuna lamb)...

@MypinchofItaly,

Cuca is one of the most expensive Tunas ( tonno ) in Spain .. It has no additives .. I had gone to a Cuca Seafood & Fish Event and had tastings of their various products: Ventresca ( tuna albacore White Breast of the Tuna), Tuna, Sardines, Cockles and other assorted fish types, with one of my Tour Groups from Galicia.

May I correct your English ?

A Lamb = is a baby Sheep ..

I believe you just want to say White Tuna ?

Have a lovely day ..
Thank you for your appreciation.
Buonasera ..

@MypinchofItaly,

Cuca is one of the most expensive Tunas ( tonno ) in Spain .. It has no additives .. I had gone to a Cuca Seafood & Fish Event and had tastings of their various products: Ventresca ( tuna albacore White Breast of the Tuna), Tuna, Sardines, Cockles and other assorted fish types, with one of my Tour Groups from Galicia.

May I correct your English ?

A Lamb = is a baby Sheep ..

I believe you just want to say White Tuna ?

Have a lovely day ..
Thank you for your appreciation.
Buonasera ..

Wonderful event!
Oh you are right about Lamb...is veal meat! ...I know it could be strange but is slices of veal meat with a tuna cream ( vitello tonnato)..very good...by the way, is very long time I don't cook it..I'll do asap. It's a cold dish.

Wonderful event!
Oh you are right about Lamb...is veal meat! ...I know it could be strange but is slices of veal meat with a tuna cream ( vitello tonnato)..very good...by the way, is very long time I don't cook it..I'll do asap. It's a cold dish.

@MypinchofItaly

Veal is vitello.
Lamb is agnello.

Too different animals ! I believe what you are signifying is: Both veal and lamb come from very young animals or babies ..

Have a great day ..

Wonderful event!

I've only forgot to write " is veal -instead of Lamb".

Back
Top Bottom