Tupperware

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
8:03 PM
A pick-up just passed my house advertising Tupperware. I haven't heard that name in over 25 years. Apparently the company is displaying (and selling I guess) their products in the conference centre of a local hotel. Does anyone on here still use their products?

bXBg2Mlk.jpg

I have quite a bit I've acquired over years. Some pieces were originally my Mom's, but they still work. Many are older than my marriage and work harder than my hubby. :ohmy:

Oh, snap! :facepalm: I shouldn't say that. He's good now, but it was a big adjustment for him from being laid off, to reaching his intended retirement age, to moving on to retired life. A rough time for both of us. He has since resumed a much-loved avocation (astronomy) and has picked up a hobby (wood crafting).

Have a few pieces from ''the old days"....I'm sure quality is still the same but you can get cheaper versions that work just as well at Walmart,,etc..
I think that is the thing - there used to be the one brand, but now there are plenty of cheaper versions. The tupperware party used to be a fun occasion. I think it was usurped by 'other' less innocent parties! :laugh:

I still have quite a few pieces of Tupperware from the normal "square rounds" upwards and onwards, and they are used regularly. Some dates from 1959 when my sister held a Tupperware party just after she moved into her first house in Dagenham and my niece was not yet a year old. The last purchase I made from them was just a few years ago for some replacement lids. Tupperware is mainly sold online in the UK now but you can still hold a Tupperware party if you want to :laugh:

My parents and in laws have quite a few Tupperware containers ..

I have locally made which are just as efficient and are alot cheaper & skip the in house parties with strangers ..

My parents and in laws have quite a few Tupperware containers ..

I have locally made which are just as efficient and are alot cheaper & skip the in house parties with strangers ..

I am given to understand that there are stranger folks at the "other less innocent parties!"

@Yorky

Definitely. However, I do not invite strangers into our apartment ..

There are too many lunatics on this planet on the loose !!!

I deal with tons of people in my professional life, however, I would not invite 99% of them to my apartment ..

Have a wonderful day ..

I used to buy a ton of the stuff years ago in the '70s!

I would like to get a few large items for food storage. :wink:

Last edited:
I have loads on plastic containers some of which are original Tupperware. They are hand me downs but are still going strong however nowadays I use the Lakeland square containers that are stackable and freezerproof. I have them all over the place left right and centre along with a few Ikea containers and a few cheaper ones which break easily.
There is also a series of Sistema containers which are excellent and are rapidly becoming out favourite.

Back
Top Bottom