Recipe Turkey Neck Risotto

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
6:58 PM
In my opinion the Turkey Neck, Stomach and Parsons nose are the tastiest part of the turkey closely followed by the two oysters
Cut the neck in bits so it fits into the pan. Add parsley and enough water to partially cover the neck. Bring to a boil and skim off any scum Simmer till tender. Pass and reduce stock till you have the amount needed. When the neck is cool strip of the meat and chop to a reasonably good size. Chop a load of parsley.
Make the risotto as normal. A few minutes before it is ready fold in the neck meat. Just before serving fold in the parsley. I have made and eaten most of the usual risottos. This is my favorite winter one.

In my opinion the Turkey Neck, Stomach and Parsons nose are the tastiest part of the turkey closely followed by the two oysters
Cut the neck in bits so it fits into the pan. Add parsley and enough water to partially cover the neck. Bring to a boil and skim off any scum Simmer till tender. Pass and reduce stock till you have the amount needed. When the neck is cool strip of the meat and chop to a reasonably good size. Chop a load of parsley.
Make the risotto as normal. A few minutes before it is ready fold in the neck meat. Just before serving fold in the parsley. I have made and eaten most of the usual risottos. This is my favorite winter one.View attachment 44879

View attachment 44880

View attachment 44881

Looks good, should be good? I'll take your word for it. I only like the white meat on the turkey. My wife bought home a risotto from her friend last night. I'll put pic up later.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom