Recipe Turmeric, Ginger and Carrot Gaspacho

Francesca

Local time
12:08 AM
Tumeric is very common in Indian and in some Middle Eastern Cuisines. I am not very familiar with home gourmet-ing these 2 cuisines, though once in awhile, we enjoy dining out at an Indian or Middle Eastern Restaurant, particularly Moroccan .. Barcelona has some excellent options ..

However, I do blend up a Smoothie or a Tumeric, Ginger & Carrot Gaspacho ..

The ingredients are:

1 Large Orange or Blood Orange ( remove pith and zest and dice finely )
1 large carrot ( peeled and diced )
3/4 tsp. Fresh ginger root ( peeled and minced )
1 1 /2 tsp. Tumeric
A pinch of Cayenne
A pinch of salt of choice ( I use fine grinded sea salt )
1 / 2 cup of Fresh Papaya or Fresh Mango ( peeled, de pitted / de seeded and diced finely )
2/3 cup Coconut Water or Bottled Water

Purée all in a blender !! Voila !
Bon dia ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Tumeric is very common in Indian and in some Middle Eastern Cuisines. I am not very familiar with home gourmet-ing these 2 cuisines, though once in awhile, we enjoy dining out at an Indian or Middle Eastern Restaurant, particularly Moroccan .. Barcelona has some excellent options ..

However, I do blend up a Smoothie or a Tumeric, Ginger & Carrot Gaspacho ..

The ingredients are:

1 Large Orange or Blood Orange ( remove pith and zest and dice finely )
1 large carrot ( peeled and diced )
3/4 tsp. Fresh ginger root ( peeled and minced )
1 1 /2 tsp. Tumeric
A pinch of Cayenne
A pinch of salt of choice ( I use fine grinded sea salt )
1 / 2 cup of Fresh Papaya or Fresh Mango ( peeled, de pitted / de seeded and diced finely )
2/3 cup Coconut Water or Bottled Water

Purée all in a blender !! Voila !
Bon dia ..

Hi @Francesca , that's a very interesting recipe, I like it. And I love turmeric (I put it sometimes on the pasta with some ground black pepper - and my husband looks doubtful to me every time)..that's could be great also as breakfast I think. I love smoothie for breakfast.

Hi @Francesca , that's a very interesting recipe, I like it. And I love turmeric (I put it sometimes on the pasta with some ground black pepper - and my husband looks doubtful to me every time)..that's could be great also as breakfast I think. I love smoothie for breakfast.

@MypinchofItaly

It is a very nice breakfast and really is a tremendous energy builder !

Thank you .. And have a lovely evening ..

Back
Top Bottom