Recipe Twice cooked soufflés

The reason I took too long to make these was I HATE cooking shows that think they have to have a gimmick. Two fat ladies, btw I loved that show. But then everyone jumped on the band wagon. Two hairy bikers, sheesh. I really love rick stein and Anthony Bourdain. Just guys telling it like it is. And learning.

Russ

I agree that some cooking shows are gimmicky. But the Hairy Bikers have been going a long time and I do trust their recipes. They don't pretend to be chefs but do take on board regional recipes and techniques from their travels.

Anyway - I am going to try that twice baked soufflé! And when I do I'll post photos, I hope.

Mg. I thought it was complicated to start with but it was real easy. You won't be disappointed. You know it's good when people that ate it ask for the recipe. My wife used to order it at a flash restaurant we used to go to. However the guy that ran it died. I didn't remember it as an entree. I thought it was a dessert. Nuts.

Russ

Bob, my daughter put me on to Anthony. I'm still recording as they are replaying some older ones. Depression is a dark place. We never know who's got it. I thought he had the world at his feet. Never underestimate it.

Hey Russ,

Hats off to your daughter.

Hard to say exactly what it was about him that caught my attention. Different, intelligent, inspirational? well - whatever it was, I found just about everything the guy did very watchable. I really liked his '48 hour Lay-over' programmes too - not cooking as such, but very engaging (not sure who they were made for but I caught them on Food Network). I liked that he didn't care about dissing accepted orthodoxies (and God knows, there are plenty of those in the culinary world) and that he sought out 'honesty' in cooking, ie something new that came from the heart, rather than as a result of some slavish need to follow fashion. I guess that sounds hugely pretentious - and it was badly articulated - but hopefully you know what I mean.

About depression? no worries, mate …. I'd never, ever underestimate that.

Cheers, Bob

Bob, my daughter is a very good cook. She gets it from me although she is better at cakes biscuits etc, where I'm hopeless. I watched an episode of Anthony again last night. The guy really liked a drink. Maybe that's why I liked him,lol. He was very unique. Since his passing the new cooking shows are popping up down here, and they all try a new gimmick. Perhaps I'm old school.lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom