Two Day Poker Party

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
10:13 PM
Starts up in a couple of hours. Menu change from Taco Bar to homemade sloppy joes , pasta , and coleslaw

20180907_122207.jpg
20180906_150119.jpg
20180906_150112.jpg
20180906_150102.jpg

Watch that guy on the left. I think I saw him dealing from the bottom LOL.
Do you play for two straight days? Do you guys sleep?

I'll explain when I'm not educated and buzzed.

Basically it's a fixed limit betting style. There is also pot limit. no limit, and spread limit

What's limit poker?

There are several different styles of betting. Some are game dependent.

No Limit: This is the most common form of betting you'll see on T.V. Its pretty simple. You can bet anywhere from whatever the minimum bet is, to everything in front of you. If the min bet is 1 dollar and you have 200 dollars on the table. You can bet anywhere from 1 to 200. You can't pull money out of your wallet to increase your bet.

Pot Limit: The max bet you can make is whatever is already in the pot. If there is 100 dollars in the pot (from previous bets). The most that you can bet is 100. This is probably betting style that my group plays the most.

Fixed Limit: You can only bet and raise in increments that are pre set. We were playing 3/6 limit. Most games have four betting rounds. In limit the first two rounds you can only bet and raise in three dollar increments with a max of three raises. The final two rounds can only be bet in six dollar increments.

Back
Top Bottom