Unusual names

I used to play cricket with a chap called Daisy. Okay, that wasn't his real name, but it was how he was known. His proper name was David and he used to be known as Davie as a child. His little sister couldn't say Davie properly and it came out as Daisy. Somehow, it stuck and he never minded at all. He was always quite happy to be called that.
I have a daughter named Brianne. He older sister couldn’t pronounce it. It came out Bean. Eventually it morphed into Beanie. She went by that until she got out of college and decided seeking a professional job going by Beanie might cause problems.

I have a daughter named Brianne. He older sister couldn’t pronounce it. It came out Bean. Eventually it morphed into Beanie. She went by that until she got out of college and decided seeking a professional job going by Beanie might cause problems.

I reckon Beanie is a really cool name. And it could get her recognised. Who remembers a bland name?

More unusual names: Les Fast, Cole Burns, Kandee Koehn (oeh says long a), Harry Bare, Jordan River

A family who surname was Day named their girl Windy Bree...Windy Bree Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great uncle with the birth name of Peg. Later in life, he lost his leg in a farming accident, and people who met him after that always thought it was a nickname, just because of his wooden leg, but Peg was his Christian name.

Back
Top Bottom